ForumsQuestionsBug with repeating tasks

Bug with repeating tasks
9JwZxvxqDkkJ

Posted: Jan 09, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

Occasionally, clicking the checkbox on a repeating task will mark the task as done but not create the next instance of the task.

This is difficult to reproduce as it only happens occasionally. I have about 75 repeating tasks and I've only experienced this with the website version. The mobile app never seems to have this happen.

It seems that this is not an atomic/transactional event. It appears to mark the current task as done and then create the new task. If the first part is successful but the second part isn't, the task is marked as done and no new task is created.

This should happen in a single transaction. If this is not possible, then first create the new task and then mark the current task as complete. This would have extra tasks whenever the second part failed but it would be easier for the user to clean up extra tasks than to figure out which tasks didn't repeat successfully.

I created a search for tasks that are marked as done and that have repeat on. This should never return anything as it shouldn't be possible to get into this state. If you run this against your database, you'll likely find some as I see some pop into this state every week or two.

Thanks for looking into this!
Reece
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.