ForumsQuestionsNote of each task

Note of each task
sansueb

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
When I put the note on each task, it shows all the note that we write. Could we hide these notes. If the task repeats every day, the note that we put will be put since day one? So there will be a lot of note for each task. Please advice. We really want the task that we do each week to finish together with the note of that week and don't appear again in other week.

Again, for each task it says the start date and due date. We really don't know that the task that we do is from yesterday, the day before, etc. It's possible that we don't do some assigned work. I think for each task, it should show that this task is for today, yesterday or even Jan 11. So we know this is tomorrow task that we don't need to do, yesterday task that is overdue or last week task that we may need to reschedule the task again.

Thanks if anyone can help me. I'm the new user.
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Score: -1 Reference
Hi, I try to answer your questions:
- sorry, but a task note is forever attached to the task, be it repeating or not - so you cannot "complete" a note. Couple of suggestions:
- having completed the task, go to the next created occurance and clear the note
- or log your notes elsewhere, be it in the Notes module, maybe in a log with a timestamp, or somewhere completely else

Maybe someone will have other suggestions.

- as for the second question, I don't get what do you mean. Don't you have a start date field (you can set these fields in Profile & Settings/General Settings/Tasks/Fields-Functions Used)? Do you want to see, when a task has been added to Toodledo (you can sort by Date Added and the proper field will appear)? Or anything else?
sansueb

Posted: Jan 17, 2019
For the second question; I mean for each recurring task Toodledo should put the date of each task. e.g. it's the task of Jan 16, Jan 17 or Jan 18. Today it's Jan 18 but I don't do the work of Jan 16 & Jan 17 so I cancel the works of Jan 16 & Jan 17 and then do the work of Jan 18. This is very confusing. I don't know the work that appear is on which date. So the note that I put on Jan 16 will be the note of Jan 16. They will not appear in this task all the time and make the note so long.
sansueb

Posted: Jan 17, 2019
Another question:

For each task, then I change already it's due today since the work is finished. Then it appeared again and again that the job is due tomorrow. I'm very confusing in your system. I really like to use your system because there are many things that I like but then there are lot of issues. How could I change in Master task that it'll cover all the date of the task. Since I correct it to due today since the task is already finished but it still appear again and again.

I really like to use this system and subscribe premium but want to clear all these questions first. Thank you.
sansueb Post deleted
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 18, 2019
This is not how the system works. There is a single task note for each active/open task. When a task is completed, then:
- a task without repeating is just completed and when you search for the completed task, there is the note with it
- a task with repeating is copied as a completed one (without the task note) and then it is rescheduled based on your repeat criteria, so when you search for the completed task, it is without the task note and the "new" task is in fact the same one but with different dates, and the same task note

I am not a developer, so I don't know, if the above is true technically, but it is something I have just tested and it is my explanation of what seems to happen.

The decission is up to you.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2019.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.