ForumsQuestionsTask does not repeat if Due Date is after Start Date

Task does not repeat if Due Date is after Start Date
Elwyn

Posted: Jan 16, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
There is a new bug introduced in the last day or so in some Toodledo website functionality that I have used for years -- repeating tasks where the Due Date is set to be some time (eg offset by a few days into the future) after the Start Date.

For example I have a repeating task (Daily Repeat From Completion Date) with Start Date=Today; Due Date=Tomorrow. When the task is marked done the task should become: Start Date=Tomorrow; Due Date=Day After Tomorrow (i.e. offset by 1 day after the start). It has worked this way for as long as I can remember.

However I find that now marking the task as done has no effect if the Due Date is set to anything other than "no date" or the same as start date.

Eg I created these as a test:

1) Task=Test1;Start Date=Today; Due Date=no date; Repeat Daily From Completion Date
2) Task=Test2;Start Date=Today; Due Date=Today; Repeat Daily From Completion Date
3) Task=Test3;Start Date=Today; Due Date=Tomorrow; Repeat Daily From Completion Date

Mark all three as done
=> the end result is:
1) UPDATED: Task=Test1;Start Date=Tomorrow; Due Date=no date; Repeat Daily From Completion Date
2) UPDATED: Task=Test2;Start Date=Tomorrow; Due Date=Tomorrow; Repeat Daily From Completion Date
3) NO CHANGE: Task=Test3;Start Date=Today; Due Date=Tomorrow; Repeat Daily From Completion Date

Please can this be fixed?

UPDATE: this problem only seems to affect Daily repeating tasks; it seems to work OK for Weekly.

thanks

This message was edited Jan 16, 2019.
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 17, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Hm, I tested the number 3 - but I am thinking, that it actually is working as intended, because:

- when you complete the task today, and it repeats daily, then it is rightfully scheduled to be due tomorrow (as Daily from date of completion means next day from today, in this case)

- the Start date is rescheduled relatively to Due date, meaning a day before the due date, which, in this case, is once again today

Does that explain what you are seeing?

To test it properly, you would need to create number 3) and complete it, when it is overdue, so e. g. two days later
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.