ForumsQuestionsGoogle calendar/toodledo link no longer working

Google calendar/toodledo link no longer working
mandy_1346623681

Posted: Feb 06, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I've been using Toodledo for years, connecting my google calendar to toodledo, via the ical link to show all my scheduled work.

Suddenly it's not updating! I made some changes on toodledo on Monday morning and noticed yesterday they have not been reflected on my google calendar, checked again today (in case it was google calendars infamous "lag") and it;s still not showing.
I've tried adding a new calendar and that's not displaying at all.

Can anyone help please? it;s a product I use everyday in order to keep track of projects/client orders and not over commit myself, and I'm just heading into busy season.

Thank you
pawelkaleta

There have been some changes introduced recently, maybe it's somehow connected. Maybe it requires re-enabling the feed or so, I don't know but worth to try.
https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests/p/ical-improvements-v1
J-O-D

Check in your settings (https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php), how is your calendar set up. There has been an update allowing for filtering out Start dates and selecting folders. When you enable calendars subscriptions, then enable/disable Remove Start date, and then either do not select any folder (which is the same as selecting all) or select some folders, then Save Changes, the proper links will be regenerated. For Google, copy the Events one and subscribe to it in your Google Calendar. I would do all this if I were you, because the system of generating is probably completely different from the previous one.

Also, as for Google, the two-way sync would probably be better replacement, but we will see when this happens (it is now In Progress on the roadmap).

I hope this will help you somewhat.

EDIT: I am subscribed to the iCal from Outlook and that works for me.

Posted by mandy_1346623681:
I've been using Toodledo for years, connecting my google calendar to toodledo, via the ical link to show all my scheduled work.

Suddenly it's not updating! I made some changes on toodledo on Monday morning and noticed yesterday they have not been reflected on my google calendar, checked again today (in case it was google calendars infamous "lag") and it;s still not showing.

Can anyone help please? it;s a product I use everyday in order to keep track of projects/client orders and not over commit myself, and I'm just heading into busy season.

Thank you

This message was edited Feb 06, 2019.
mandy_1346623681

Posted by J-O-D:
Check in your settings (https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php), how is your calendar set up. There has been an update allowing for filtering out Start dates and selecting folders. When you enable calendars subscriptions, then enable/disable Remove Start date, and then either do not select any folder (which is the same as selecting all) or select some folders, then Save Changes, the proper links will be regenerated. For Google, copy the Events one and subscribe to it in your Google Calendar. I would do all this if I were you, because the system of generating is probably completely different from the previous one.

Also, as for Google, the two-way sync would probably be better replacement, but we will see when this happens (it is now In Progress on the roadmap).

I hope this will help you somewhat.

EDIT: I am subscribed to the iCal from Outlook and that works for me.

Thank you, I've just tried that and it's not made any difference unfortunately. I'm still not seeing the new calendar. I wonder if it's an issue either with Google calendar or somewhere in the interface between the two.

Two way sync is really what I'm waiting for, that would be the ideal situation, but if I can't get this fixed soon I'm going to end up looking for an alternative. Looking at my current project list that's not a decision to take lightly.

This message was edited Feb 06, 2019.
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 07, 2019
EDIT: To make myself clear - online calendars, be it Microsoft or Google, are bad with iCal sync. I am subscribed to the iCal in my desktop Outlook, and THAT works.

I understand your frustration - one of the main reasons I have moved to Microsoft was the terrible iCal sync frequency with Google Calendar - I have found, e.g., that when you subscribe to Toodledo ical, then remove it from Google, regenerate the link in Toodledo, copy the new one and add it Google, then you get the same result as before, because Google stilly probably has the calendar cached somewhere. I had to give it 24 or 48 hours to get this actually updated! (I think it is because the link in Toodledo isn't that changed, probably just adding the folders ids).

So I think to make sure it does not work for you, you would have to let Google Calendar be for 24 hours at least after the re-subsription.

When I put the iCal from Toodledo into my Outlook, it syncs practically on every Send/Recieve operation with current data.

This message was edited Feb 07, 2019.
roaz

Posted: Feb 07, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by mandy_1346623681:

Thank you

Take a look at ClickUp and Remember the Milk. Both were on my short list as replacements. I went with ClickUp and was able to use their free version for all of my needs. As much as I liked Toodledo, I did not appreciate the way new management treated us long time customers....on multiple issues.
mandy_1346623681

Posted: Feb 19, 2019
Well it’s still not working!
I’m out of ideas and frustrated, I’ve got a silver subscription, valid until September, so I had hoped to keep going and review the changes/ compare with my needs then.

It looks like I’m dropping toodledo in favour of Todoist. Free at the level I need, two way integration, and lovely lovely sub tasks at multiple levels. I prefer the UI too.
I had a look at RTM ( hadn’t come across click up all )a while ago and it wasn’t quite right for me, although it’s probably changed since then.

Sad to go, but I can’t waste any more time on it, I’ve a business to run! (Small but as a one woman outfit I need to be on top of things).

Thank you for the help.

Mandy
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.