ForumsQuestionsOutage

Outage
jzamoras

Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Hi, any info about what happened yesterday? I can´t see twitter updates because the account manager blocked me, maybe was my rant about the awful timing. Toodledo needs to focus in improve service in a very compeitive space, instead block paying customers.

JZ
J-O-D

Score: 0 Reference
Problems with data center and replication took longer than expected.

Posted by jzamoras:
Hi, any info about what happened yesterday? I can´t see twitter updates because the account manager blocked me, maybe was my rant about the awful timing. Toodledo needs to focus in improve service in a very compeitive space, instead block paying customers.

JZ
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 2 Reference
Was it an expected outage or an unplanned outage? If it was planned, how was it announced to users?

For planned expected ones, in the one or two in the past, I'd gotten an email giving me a heads-up. I didn't get anything this time and was blindsided by it. I didn't check twitter but there was nothing on the toodledo Facebook page and the forums were inaccessible (tho in a past outage, toodledo had said that they were on separate servers and was dubious when users reported that both were down at the same time).

Also, past outages had been on a late weekend night, not in the middle of the workweek just in the evening while I was still in the middle of working.
gbradt

Score: 3 Reference
Where is the e-mail to paying customers with an explanation and, most importantly, an apology?? As other users noted, this happened with no warning and in the middle of a weekday evening (afternoon, for the US West Coast). The outage was over 3 hours from what I could tell. This is not a little glitch, this is a huge blunder. If this is how the new regime treats its users, I intend to find another product that I can depend on.
Ob-La-Di+ruben Post deleted
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 16, 2019
Posted by J-O-D:
Problems with data center and replication took longer than expected.
Where did you get that info?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 16, 2019
Purveyor,

Toodledo tweeted the following on Feb 14, 9:51pm PST. That may be where J-O-D got the information. (That was also the last tweet from toodledo thus far)

We are having issues with our data center and we are working on a fix. We added another node, which is taking longer time than expected. Going by the speed of replication, it will take up to 2hours. We’ll share another update once that is up and running.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 17, 2019
Just fyi, this was posted by toodledo on twitter and facebook earlier this afternoon. I don't see it here on the forum so I add it here for them -

https://twitter.com/toodledo/status/1096910580739334144
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 17, 2019
Also, it is on the blog (Help/Blog). Including the appology.

Posted by ruben_becker:
Just fyi, this was posted by toodledo on twitter and facebook earlier this afternoon. I don't see it here on the forum so I add it here for them -

https://twitter.com/toodledo/status/1096910580739334144

This message was edited Feb 17, 2019.
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 20, 2019
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.