ForumsQuestionsChromebook: Top of notes?

Chromebook: Top of notes?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Mar 02, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I use the notes in my tasks extensively for daily update entries and will often have many screen-fulls for a given task. I always put the new entry at the top, and allow the older entries to push down, so I can quickly read the most recent entry when I open the note panel. When I click into the note body to add an entry, Toodledo puts me at the bottom of the notes (which is probably where most users would like to land). When I'm using a Windows machine I can easily move to the top left corner for a new entry with a ctrl-home. But I'm not finding a way to do that on a chromebook, which I frequently have to use. I've reviewed generic chrome shortcuts. Ctrl-Alt-Home is the equivalent of the windows Home button. So I don't know how to do Ctrl-Home on the Chromebook.

Any suggestion as to how I can get to the top left corner with shortcut keys? (Obviously, I can scroll, but I do this all day long and the saved keystrokes would be helpful).

Thanks
adriank

Posted: Mar 02, 2019
I also put the newest entry on top in my notes, perhaps because the old layout of Toodledo that I started with put the cursor at the beginning of the notes field. With the new layout moving it to the end, I'm using the Ctrl-Home windows keystroke a lot. I don't have a Chromebook to test this on, but have you tried "Search" + "Ctrl" + "Left arrow"?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Mar 05, 2019
That's it! And just in time for a 9 day overseas trip. You're my hero!
adriank

Posted: Mar 05, 2019
Glad I could help!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.