ForumsQuestionsDate Picker Reverts to Current Month

Date Picker Reverts to Current Month
adriank

Posted: Mar 02, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I've resisted moving to the "new" layout of the web version, since it had several issues the first time I tried it. Now that several things aren't quite right in the "old" layout, I'm committed to making the switch. However the behavior of the date picker in the new layout is like a pebble in my shoe that I can't get used to. Here's the annoyance (that happens often, but not every time): I click on a date that I want to change and the "date picker" pops up. Without hesitation, I click the "next month" arrow a few times to advance to the month I want, and when I pause more than three seconds to think about which date in that new month I want, the calendar reverts back to the current month and I have to click the "next month" arrow again to get back to the month I wanted. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running Chrome on Windows 10, but have seen the same thing in Firefox.
Any suggestions on what to try are much appreciated!
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 07, 2019
Posted by adriank:
I've resisted moving to the "new" layout of the web version, since it had several issues the first time I tried it. Now that several things aren't quite right in the "old" layout, I'm committed to making the switch. However the behavior of the date picker in the new layout is like a pebble in my shoe that I can't get used to. Here's the annoyance (that happens often, but not every time): I click on a date that I want to change and the "date picker" pops up. Without hesitation, I click the "next month" arrow a few times to advance to the month I want, and when I pause more than three seconds to think about which date in that new month I want, the calendar reverts back to the current month and I have to click the "next month" arrow again to get back to the month I wanted. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running Chrome on Windows 10, but have seen the same thing in Firefox.
Any suggestions on what to try are much appreciated!

If you keep the cursor on calendar, it wont go away. If you move it away from the calendar, it will close the popup after few seconds because that means you are not using it anymore.
adriank

Posted: Mar 10, 2019
To clarify, the issue isn't the calendar going away, but rather the calendar "jumps" back to the current month. So let's say I have a task to change my clocks for daylight savings time with a start date of Saturday, 9-Mar-2019 and a due date of Sunday, 10-Mar-2019. After completing the task, I want to set a new start date of 2-Nov-2019 and due date of 3-Nov-2019. I click on the start date and the date-picker pops up. Without hesitation, I click the ">" to advance to the November calendar. Either before I get to November, or shortly after I do, the calendar jumps back to March. The same behavior is exhibited with the due date picker.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.