ForumsQuestionsRestoring a back-up to find missing information

Restoring a back-up to find missing information
jay_berg

Posted: Mar 05, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I had a task with quite a bit of information in it. I no longer can find it despite searching for key words that I know were in that task (and/or the notes of that task).

In order to find that missing task, I was thinking of restoring an old back-up and see if that missing task is in an old back-up.

My question is this...

If I first back-up my current tasks (tasks as of 3/5/19), then restore a back-up from several months ago that I know had that "missing task", get the information I need from that "missing task", and then restore the current 3/5/19 back-up, will that work? I don't want to restore an old back-up only to find that I can't later restore the back-up I did today.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 07, 2019
You can create a new account and restore that backup too. After that you can delete that account.

Thanks
jay_berg

Posted: Mar 08, 2019
Thanks for the reply. So I created a new account, and then went to "Backup/Restore" and chose the file (a back-up from about a month ago). Then I hit UPLOAD. Next I get a screen that titled "Import To-Do List" and warns as follows:

"We are about to restore the following items:

Folders: 1
Tasks: 916
Notebooks: 3
Outlines: 12
Lists: 11
Habits: 0 "

I click "Continue Restore" button, and then it says "Your account has been restored"

When I then click my tasks, there are only 76 tasks even though it says it restored 916. How do I view all 916 tasks ?
Thanks,
Jay

This message was edited Mar 08, 2019.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 08, 2019
Posted by jay_berg:
Thanks for the reply. So I created a new account, and then went to "Backup/Restore" and chose the file (a back-up from about a month ago). Then I hit UPLOAD. Next I get a screen that titled "Import To-Do List" and warns as follows:

"We are about to restore the following items:

Folders: 1
Tasks: 916
Notebooks: 3
Outlines: 12
Lists: 11
Habits: 0 "

I click "Continue Restore" button, and then it says "Your account has been restored"

When I then click my tasks, there are only 76 tasks even though it says it restored 916. How do I view all 916 tasks ?
Thanks,
Jay

Can you create a support ticket for this, this may be happening because of the filters or subtasks which are hidden because of free membership. We will take care of this in support ticket.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.