ForumsQuestionsSomething strange - Missing tasks...

Something strange - Missing tasks...
greentimemusic

Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
It's probably me but I have this weird thing happening.

I load the Tootledo app and noticed that a task I created is missing. I have this task set to run every 3 weeks upon completion.
But every day I notice it's not there. Then I click on the left menu and select Tasks / Main and it seems to update and now that task I created is there.

I am not sure a) what selecting main does or b) how i set the view to be "main" so that task I created shows.

I can create this issue every day. Tomorrow the task sill be missing until I repeat the Left menu Tasks / Main again.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I missing something?
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Posted by greentimemusic:
It's probably me but I have this weird thing happening.

I load the Tootledo app and noticed that a task I created is missing. I have this task set to run every 3 weeks upon completion.
But every day I notice it's not there. Then I click on the left menu and select Tasks / Main and it seems to update and now that task I created is there.

I am not sure a) what selecting main does or b) how i set the view to be "main" so that task I created shows.

I can create this issue every day. Tomorrow the task sill be missing until I repeat the Left menu Tasks / Main again.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I missing something?

You are checking it on Android app or iOS app?
greentimemusic

Posted: Mar 14, 2019
Sorry I should of included that info. I am on android using Toodledo 6.6.8 (164).
greentimemusic

Posted: Apr 30, 2019
So I am still seeing this issue. I got some screen shots.

I have a REPEAT task for May 7. I opened Toodledo today. There was nothing on May 7.
I clicked on ALL TASKS and selected MAIN on the drop down.

Now I have multiple already closed tasks showing and the REPEAT is showing for May 7.

I have snapshots for before and after.

Why do I have to click on all tasks / Main? I shouldn't have to do this.
And it seems related to repeat tasks. They are not always showing up in the list.

Seems like a bad bug to me. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Charlie5

I've seen the bug a lot. It actually cost my business about $2500 due to me missing a deadline. I now have some backups in place for these more important repeating tasks.

I setup a search to find these "broken" repeating tasks. Setup a new search with these parameters:

Checked off: Yes
Repeat is: Any

This will search for completed repeated tasks which there should never be any of. I believe this happens when you click a task complete and then for whatever reason unclick it. Maybe because you misclick the wrong task or find you haven't completed it.

I've brought this up a couple times but they haven't acknowledged it. Hope this helps.
Charlie5

Forgot the last step to the work around. Uncheck the box for the affected task, and then check it done again. It should get rid of that task and create the new task with the updated due date.
Charlie5

Ok. I've been able to reproduce it. If you triple click the task a couple of times it will cause the task to fall into task purgatory. It must have something todo with unchecking an already completed recurring task.
greentimemusic

OK I can try this. I am not sure what you mean by;

Checked off: Yes
Repeat is: Any

Where is this set?

They really should fix this bug. If due tasks are basically removing themselves from needing to be done ON A TASK APP, then the app becomes useless. This is a P0 and should be fixed immediately. Not sure how it could just be ignored.

Thanks.

Mark
greentimemusic

NOTE: I can dupe this even easier...

Click on all tasks and under tasks select DUE DATE.
I have nothing on May 7 at all.

Click back on all tasks and under tasks select ALL
May 7 shows my item that is due.

This is a HUGE BLUNDER!
Charlie5

Posted: May 01, 2019
Setup a new saved search.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.