ForumsQuestionsCannot use the letter "L" anymore

Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
G

Posted: Apr 04, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Starting sometime today, I suddenly can't use the letter "L" when typing in descriptions or other fields in my todo list. If I turn off Keyboard Shortcuts, then it works fine. Is something about the Batch Edit short cut of "L" interfering with my ability to simply use "L" in editing task names and other fields?
brizmom

Same here!
9JwZxvxqDkkJ

Score: 0 Reference
Same issue. The "L" key doesn't work anymore. Help!
Wayne T.

I am having the same issue. It is related to having the keyboard shortcuts turned on for multi-select. If you turn keyboard shortcuts off you can type the letter L again. I hope the developers get this figured out soon - Toodledo has had way too many bugs recently, it feels like we are now all alpha testers just so they can post on the blog that a new feature has been "rolled out"
gjones212

I figured it out. They have added a shortcut that lets you batch edit a list by hitting the shortcut L. Disable shortcuts under settings and it will fix the problem.

They do need to get this fixed.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Score: 2 Reference
Fix this fast!!

To other users: You can use the ascii code to insert an "l". Hold Alt and type 108, and you'll get an "l". Alt 76 is "L".
dripke

No "L" . This is not good. Changes my whole vocabulary.
dripke

Temporary fix - type your new tasks in another app or web page and paste to toodledo. Or use the cell phone app
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 05, 2019
I am sure they are working on it. I must not be only one to file a support ticket for that...:-)

EDIT: It works now!!! Yipeee! (11:19 CET)

This message was edited Apr 05, 2019.
G

Yes, it's working for me now, too! There's an odd little split-second delay for the 'L' to show up on-screen, but it does work.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by dripke:
No "L" . This is not good. Changes my whole vocabulary.

Don't be so picky. ;-) What's just one letter when there are still 25 others to choose from...

This message was edited Apr 05, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Apr 06, 2019
Earlier when the "add task can't type L" problem was reported, I did not see it at that time.

Just now I am running into it for the first time. I currently cannot seem to use upper or lower-case 'L' anywhere. So far I've tried:

1) can't type L/l in task title
2) can't type L/l in search
3) can't type L/l in Note
4) can't type L/l in Add-task

This changes my whole vocabulary.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Apr 07, 2019
Support ticket 72989 filed for this
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=72989

EDIT - Ticket was filed 12 hrs ago at same time as previous post. Ticket has not been updated. However,
problem no longer reproduces (was it fixed?) and I'm not seeing issues using the "L or l" characters right now.

This message was edited Apr 07, 2019.
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 07, 2019
My ticket was updated some time after the change went live.

Posted by rubenB:
Support ticket 72989 filed for this
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=72989

EDIT - Ticket was filed 12 hrs ago at same time as previous post. Ticket has not been updated. However,
problem no longer reproduces (was it fixed?) and I'm not seeing issues using the "L or l" characters right now.
M

Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
I wanted to post a comment on their blog entry about the multi-select (using the "L" key), but don't have a WordPress login so I can't comment there, I guess!

I didn't see the multi-select feature rolled out. Since the new ownership, I don't log into the forums quite as much (except recently). When I found out about it, I read the blog, tried it, and it just plain doesn't work for me.

Funny that I never noticed that the "L" key stops working. How does a developer even <u>do</u> that??

I'm really pretty astounded at how this new organization (is it an org? Is it a person? I'm not really sure) is handling (NOT handling) their takeover of our once-beloved Toodledo. Lots of newbies in the forums, but all the old-timers seem to have fallen off. NO responses to forum entries, most of the time (never thought I'd yearn for the day when Jake would respond "on our timeline, not at liberty to discuss further"!).

I am using Toodledo in a much revised manner -- only as a "daily list" backup for my 2Do app (which I wipe and recreate every day from my task list which is now in Excel, where I can control it) and as my "brain dump" using a shortcut on iPhone. That's partly because I was not managing my tasks well before the takeover, but now I'm really glad I'm not as dependent on it as I used to be -- because it sure feels like it's quietly dying.
Anant G.

Posted: Jul 01, 2019
Posted by M:
I wanted to post a comment on their blog entry about the multi-select (using the "L" key), but don't have a WordPress login so I can't comment there, I guess!

I didn't see the multi-select feature rolled out. Since the new ownership, I don't log into the forums quite as much (except recently). When I found out about it, I read the blog, tried it, and it just plain doesn't work for me.

Funny that I never noticed that the "L" key stops working. How does a developer even <u>do</u> that??

I'm really pretty astounded at how this new organization (is it an org? Is it a person? I'm not really sure) is handling (NOT handling) their takeover of our once-beloved Toodledo. Lots of newbies in the forums, but all the old-timers seem to have fallen off. NO responses to forum entries, most of the time (never thought I'd yearn for the day when Jake would respond "on our timeline, not at liberty to discuss further"!).

I am using Toodledo in a much revised manner -- only as a "daily list" backup for my 2Do app (which I wipe and recreate every day from my task list which is now in Excel, where I can control it) and as my "brain dump" using a shortcut on iPhone. That's partly because I was not managing my tasks well before the takeover, but now I'm really glad I'm not as dependent on it as I used to be -- because it sure feels like it's quietly dying.

Hi, Can you please create a support ticket for the same on https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php. We will try to replicate it from there.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.