ForumsQuestionsExtremely long page refresh process/time using Google Chrome

Extremely long page refresh process/time using Google Chrome
ridgewayaddison

Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Dear Toodledo Staff and User Community,

I write to ask for support in solving the following issue.
It is an hourly issue, very persistent, in my daily use of Toodledo over the last month:

The SYMPTOM: one, two, or three Toodledo pages in my own setup either take 1-2 minute plus processing time to refresh; often, they don't ever finish reloading/refreshing.

Here is my primary use process and issue sequence:

1. I open Google Chrome, or wake it up from sleep, when opening my Macbook Pro.

2. I typically have three Toodledo Chrome browser tabs open: FOLDER/ Active Projects; TODAY (Next Actions viewed via various saved searches) and FOLDER/ Notes. I also will open another tab at times to view and process my INBOX (again, via a single saved search).
3. At least one, and often two or all of these tabs frequently never refresh quickly (1 minute plus processing time), and often they don't ever finish reloading.

4. What I get is the circular arrow head icon chasing arrow head icon adjacent to "STLL LOADING," as well as the "Almost There" text. This process has gone on for 3 minutes plus when I've actually taken time to measure it.

5. I've attempted to solve this issue/sympton on my own via: 1) clearing my Google Chrome cache, web history, cookies, etc.

6. I am using, and always use, the latest version of Google's Chrome web browser for my Macbook Pro.

Please advise. I don't want to leave Toodlledo. I'd love some helpful tips--and even better a staff member orchestrated solution.

Thanks,

Ridgeway
Falls Church, VA
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Well, that sure sounds painful.

Seems like you're hitting an extreme version of what I spoke of in this thread -

Is Toodledo laggy for everyone?

On a separate note, all day today, it seemed like the time it took to load my full task list was running noticeably slower. The different "xx%" numbers were cycling up more slowly and then there was even what seemed like a new "Loading..." message/prompt displayed.

Hadn't bothered posting about this. Just tried it again now and still seems slower...
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 10, 2019
Today I've been thinking about this issue - and IIRC, the main difference between the old and new layout is support for off-line mode. The legacy layout was strictly server based, so everything had to be redownloaded everytime some filter/task changed. Now, I wonder what would happen, if you clear all your browser cache and strated over with a clean profile in Chrome?
CharleneTX

Posted: Apr 10, 2019
I don't think it's a cache issue. I normally use Firefox, but I downloaded and installed Chrome to see if it was a browser issue. Same problem and this was a fresh install of Chrome, so no previous cache existed.
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Hm, I can only say I don't have this issue on Chrome. So with that, I shall rather not say anything more on this.
Anant G.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Posted by ridgewayaddison:
Dear Toodledo Staff and User Community,

I write to ask for support in solving the following issue.
It is an hourly issue, very persistent, in my daily use of Toodledo over the last month:

The SYMPTOM: one, two, or three Toodledo pages in my own setup either take 1-2 minute plus processing time to refresh; often, they don't ever finish reloading/refreshing.

Here is my primary use process and issue sequence:

1. I open Google Chrome, or wake it up from sleep, when opening my Macbook Pro.

2. I typically have three Toodledo Chrome browser tabs open: FOLDER/ Active Projects; TODAY (Next Actions viewed via various saved searches) and FOLDER/ Notes. I also will open another tab at times to view and process my INBOX (again, via a single saved search).
3. At least one, and often two or all of these tabs frequently never refresh quickly (1 minute plus processing time), and often they don't ever finish reloading.

4. What I get is the circular arrow head icon chasing arrow head icon adjacent to "STLL LOADING," as well as the "Almost There" text. This process has gone on for 3 minutes plus when I've actually taken time to measure it.

5. I've attempted to solve this issue/sympton on my own via: 1) clearing my Google Chrome cache, web history, cookies, etc.

6. I am using, and always use, the latest version of Google's Chrome web browser for my Macbook Pro.

Please advise. I don't want to leave Toodlledo. I'd love some helpful tips--and even better a staff member orchestrated solution.

Thanks,

Ridgeway
Falls Church, VA

Hi, There are some limitations on the old tasks section. When you visit old tasks section, it loads all the tasks in dom everytime you visit the site. We can't implement lazy load because of the hot search feature that many users use. Because to have hot search fast we have to load all these tasks in dom.

In new tasks section (tasks.toodledo.com) when you visit it for the first time, it creates a copy of all your tasks as local browser db. So first query is generally slow but after that it is very fast. That's why we suggest our users to start using the new tasks section.

Hope that helps!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.