ForumsQuestionsHiding Future Tasks

Hiding Future Tasks
susan.venere

Posted: May 12, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,
Is Toodledo the only app that will allow you to hide tasks until the appropriate start date?

It appears that all the other apps (TickTick, RTM, Todoist) work from a flow that you see everything in your lists and then you drive tasks into your "Today" view to see what needs to be done today. Am I missing something? If there is another alternative, an you please make a suggestion?

Thx!
Duo

Can't you hide them using Start Dates and filters with RTM?

Possibly also the same way with TickTick but I never had a premium subscription to test this.
Michael_49

TickTick doesn't hide tasks. You have to use "Smart Lists" (I even reached out to their admin team to verify). In my opinion, as soon as I have to rely on filters I'll have another layer of complexity and visual clutter.
Duo

I said filters in my reply but I meant Smart Lists.

I had a quick try with my RTM account and a query like:

startBefore:Today OR start:never OR start: Today

should list all tasks that have a start date of today or earlier or no start date at all.

Posted by Michael_49:
TickTick doesn't hide tasks. You have to use "Smart Lists" (I even reached out to their admin team to verify). In my opinion, as soon as I have to rely on filters I'll have another layer of complexity and visual clutter.

Are you confirming that TickTick can also do it with Smart Lists?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.