ForumsQuestionsWhat is "Defined by Saved Search" [as compared w/ Saved Search]?

What is "Defined by Saved Search" [as compared w/ Saved Search]?
mark.h.frederick

Posted: May 16, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
I was playing with Saved Searches and somehow saved one to render tasks with a specific keyword in the taskname. I have since removed the keyword from the saved search so that I can quickly pull up the search with the desired rules, but then put some other keyword in to change the results. I ues it when i want to find keyword that is either in the name of the Task OR in the Notes. I always know i want to search those two fields with an OR operator to cover all possible tasks, but I don't know the keyword until I decide what I am trying to find in that moment. This works, but....

Now, when I click to the All Tasks view, there are pre-configured buttons for Starred and Hotlist....there is a section header for "RECENT" with pre-configured buttons for Recently Added, Recently Completed and Recently Modified....

...BUT, there is also a section header called "DEFINED BY SAVED S..." with only ONE pre-configured button for 'Search Work To-Do', which is over in my Saved Searches. This button runs the saved search with a keyword i had entered previously, but that is no longer saved in that saved search. I can ONLY get to this button by clicking "All Tasks" but NOT by going to Saved Searches.

This might be useful if I could control it, but it seems redundant to Saved Searches and creates confusion as I navigate to different place and in/out of searches to narrow my focus.

Ideas ?
lukas.landwehr

Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
No answer?
hbunjes

Posted: Sep 03, 2019
I would also like to know.
ishayahu

Posted: Dec 19, 2019
If you saved search with "save as hotlist" button, it will be added to section "defined by saved...". To remove it, you should delete that saved search
anilbhan

Posted: Jan 01, 2020
How do you delete a saved search in the New Task View (as opposed to the Original Task View)?
anilbhan

Posted: Jan 01, 2020
In fact, in the New Task View, how do you even see what rules a Saved Search consisted of?
CharleneTX

Posted: Jan 03, 2020
Posted by anilbhan:
How do you delete a saved search in the New Task View (as opposed to the Original Task View)?

Click on the saved search. Click the down arrow next to the sorting options. Click Delete Saved Search.
CharleneTX

Posted: Jan 03, 2020
Posted by anilbhan:
In fact, in the New Task View, how do you even see what rules a Saved Search consisted of?

Click on the saved search. Click on the down arrow next to the sorting options. Click on Modify Saved Search.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.