ForumsQuestionsQuestion about alternatives for those who are searching

Question about alternatives for those who are searching
M

Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I trust my data on Toodledo less and less every day. I'm seeing the posts about the bugs, with no responses. I'm just not sure my data will be here tomorrow.

I've already started moving my list to a homegrown system involving Excel, but I had been using Toodledo as my sync method and pasting my "focus tasks" into Toodledo for management on 2Do. (I really love 2Do!) But I'm preparing for the eventuality that the Toodledo team will, someday, come on here (if we even get a warning) to tell us that they're shutting down tomorrow. Their lack of communication is really pretty insulting.

The one feature I really liked about Toodledo that facilitated my new workflow was the ability to take multiple lines of plain text and paste them in ("add multiple tasks") and have each line become a separate task.

Has anyone who is looking at alternatives come across anything that will allow input of tasks, like that?

I'm thinking I need some kind of Todo.txt app for my "focus," while (hopefully) keeping my tasks in Excel for filtering, sorting, managing.

Thanks for any input!
Duo

Posted by M:

[...]
The one feature I really liked about Toodledo that facilitated my new workflow was the ability to take multiple lines of plain text and paste them in ("add multiple tasks") and have each line become a separate task.

Has anyone who is looking at alternatives come across anything that will allow input of tasks, like that?
[...]

Hi M,

Todoist
ClickUp
Ticktick
Amazing Marvin

All allow this type of input.

Remember The Milk can do it if you email the tasks into the application.
Doit.im can also do it but I think it has been abandoned now.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2019.
M

Ack. Sorry - add to my list of desired features "batch editing," or multi-select for purposes of making changes (delete, move to different list, update due/start dates, etc.)

Can Todoist and/or TickTick do this, anyone know?
Duo

Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Posted by M:
Ack. Sorry - add to my list of desired features "batch editing," or multi-select for purposes of making changes (delete, move to different list, update due/start dates, etc.)

Can Todoist and/or TickTick do this, anyone know?

Yes, they can.

Everything on the list I posted has multi-select / batch editing.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Yeah, this all is pretty disconcerting, I'd sure agree.

A few weeks ago the toodledo rep who used to be on here quite a bit resurfaced and said he'd be back in the forums again much more regularly. However, now things have gone silent since the 9th, over 10 days ago, going on close to 2 weeks when factoring in weekends.

I sure wish I could get a better sense of whether the outfit running this is financially viable. I guess no one would have any idea if they are cash-flow positive or not. Seems to be a small team. Somewhere I'm pretty sure I recall reading that toodledo had over 1Million users (which seemed like it must be an inflated number) though that must include users who are using the product for free. I wonder how large the paying customer base is.
Ummagumma

Posted by M:
I trust my data on Toodledo less and less every day. I'm seeing the posts about the bugs, with no responses. I'm just not sure my data will be here tomorrow.

I've already started moving my list to a homegrown system involving Excel, but I had been using Toodledo as my sync method and pasting my "focus tasks" into Toodledo for management on 2Do. (I really love 2Do!) But I'm preparing for the eventuality that the Toodledo team will, someday, come on here (if we even get a warning) to tell us that they're shutting down tomorrow. Their lack of communication is really pretty insulting.

I'm thinking I need some kind of Todo.txt app for my "focus," while (hopefully) keeping my tasks in Excel for filtering, sorting, managing.

Thanks for any input!

What platform are you using 2Do on ?
M

Umma, ios/iphone
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thx, Umma, for staying plugged in and sharing your sage thoughts. (app agnostic stripped down use of task features most interesting)
Ummagumma

Posted by M:
Umma, ios/iphone

I really like Goodtask on iOS, but I don't know if there's a way to mass paste text as tasks into it. Just not the kind of functionality I ever need.

I am pretty sure however that there was a Shortcut to mass paste into 2Do. I ran across it somewhere. Try searching for it.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2019.
Ummagumma

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by rubenB:
Thx, Umma, for staying plugged in and sharing your sage thoughts. (app agnostic stripped down use of task features most interesting)

LOL, you're making me blush :)

I have spent much time on this forum and received some very helpful advice over the years. I am no longer using Toodledo but I do come back every now and then.
M

Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Posted by Ummagumma:
Umma, ios/iphone

I am pretty sure however that there was a Shortcut to mass paste into 2Do. I ran across it somewhere. Try searching for it.

Seems to be only on with an external keyboard, or via URL schemes which I'm not going to attempt.

Riles me no end that this software, which I have supported and grown dependent on, is now so tenuous that I can't be sure it's going to be here tomorrow.

I contacted the developer of 2Do and asked him to look into a "plain text" backend/sync for his app, warning him that Toodledo may not be reliable or long-lived.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Actually there *is* a way to do it if you sync your 2Do with Apple Reminders - you can paste multiple lines of text from Notes into the New Reminder entry field and they become individual Reminders. But you still need to set Due date separately for each one.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.