ForumsQuestionsWhat has changed in the last year?

What has changed in the last year?
Larry2

Posted: Aug 02, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I admit I haven't followed development too much this past year. I use a third party app on my iPhone and Windows computer. I rarely use a web browser to access my account.

I got curious about what development has been completed for those of us not in the Business plan and so looked over the Feature Requests. Scrolling down I don't see any Completed. So, what has been completed? I assume that the broad usage represented on this forum can tell me what's been improved.

I also looked at some early posts regarding 6 month updates and plan. Some I can see have not been completed and some may be completed in browser use but I don't know. Have most of them been completed to your satisfaction?

He wrote:
The detailed roadmap and timeline is coming soon. But, to give you a peak, it will include:

-- Easier task input and access: We’re prioritizing getting mobile apps, voice input, smartwatch apps, calendar integrations, and task sharing so that you never fall behind on your to-do list, no matter where you go
-- Better usability for managing tasks: Starting with batch edit or to drag-and-drop within a view to get the order you want. Also, Toodledo should do more heavy lifting to reduce redundant tasks like moving overdue tasks from yesterday or helping you identify and prune prune long overdue tasks
-- More customizable features: Toodledo shines for folks who prefer to have complete control over their tools. This includes things like linking subtasks to due dates, custom names for fields, added sort functionality, editable completion dates

Finally a confession. My Silver plan ends in September and right now I don't think I'll renew but is you say many are in fact complete then I can assume there is active development taking place and that may sway my decision.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 02, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Larry2:
I admit I haven't followed development too much this past year.

Boy, are you in for a treat...

This message was edited Aug 02, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Aug 04, 2019
Posted by Ummagumma:

Boy, are you in for a treat...

You're a funny guy, Ummag, and have quite the turn of phrase. When I saw you'd replied on this, I was curious to see your response and presumed that it would potentially be lengthy and an interesting read; you had me rolling on the floor with your precise succinctness.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Larry - "batch edit" has been added and is quite a useful feature.

Feature rollout was somewhat interesting.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben Post deleted
Larry2

Anything else?

One update in a year? Is batch edit available on the iOS app?

Since I use a third party ios app I'm not inclined to renew just to use it and Toodledo "premium" features.

The iOS beta seems to have stalled if the beta forum is to be used as a guide. Particularly last post that the beta has expired without a word from developers.

And where's the monthly updates promised?
Duo

Posted by Larry2:

[...]
Since I use a third party ios app I'm not inclined to renew just to use it and Toodledo "premium" features.
[...]

Larry2, you may be forced to renew if you want to keep using Toodledo as the back end.

I believe that now only their own apps sync with the free version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Larry2

Posted: Aug 05, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:

[...]
[...]

Larry2, you may be forced to renew if you want to keep using Toodledo as the back end.

I believe that now only their own apps sync with the free version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Duo, yes that's correct. Basic does not allow any 3rd party integration so I'd have to upgrade to Premium. Since Basic is too basic I would not choose that plan.
boydston01

Posted: Aug 05, 2019
The completed section of the feature request roadmap gives some info: https://roadmap.toodledo.com

Though, the completion of some items is dubious. Like "Google calendar 2-way sync" is very far from immediate syncing (which renders it useless for me)... AND the syncing is buggy (which render it useless for everyone).
Larry2

Posted: Aug 06, 2019
Posted by boydston01:
The completed section of the feature request roadmap gives some info: https://roadmap.toodledo.com

Though, the completion of some items is dubious. Like "Google calendar 2-way sync" is very far from immediate syncing (which renders it useless for me)... AND the syncing is buggy (which render it useless for everyone).

Thanks. I missed that page.

While I see a number of things "completed" I'm not sure that's correct. I saw several that are marked complete but still seemed to have bugs according the latest posts. I only played with one new options - colored tags but didn't try to confirm some of the bugs reported were still there.

It seems most of the completed are web based, at least as far as I read. They really, really need to get apps up and running. I know, you can access the web from a cell phone or tablet but from my perspective that's not a solution. It's a workaround.
Purveyor

Posted: Aug 06, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
What has changed since the announcement of the new owners thirteen months ago today?
Not much.

Oh, I'm one year and one month older ...
GSP1963

Posted: Aug 11, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Ummm... there's a lot of new marketing prose online. Oh, and a new automatic repeat task bug that's cropped up and makes the product unreliable for many users, so there's that.

And... well, that's about it, really.
The Dave

Posted: Aug 12, 2019
I'm a fan of the way the web interface caches old tasks and they never update. Logging out and back in sometimes helps, but not always. An informal backup system, perhaps?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.