ForumsQuestionsCalendar view : really painful

Calendar view : really painful
Emmanuel Guyot

Posted: Jan 06, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I know that the subject has already been opened a few years ago (https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/24833/0/new-tasks-view-calendar-sidebar-in-dates-how-to-use.html) but I really need to put my two-cents thought.

The Calendar view used to be my main view.
When the new design appears, it was so hard to use it, that I've switched back to the previous design, in the hope that meanwhile it would be changed.

Though, as @frindley, I've tried a few month ago to get used with this new design of the Calendar View. As a result, I've switched to the "Dates" tab instead of the Calendar and it's really a pain for me because I can't clearly see how my tasks span in time, switch from one date to another, ...

So I regularly go back to the Calendar view. Almost each time I get a beginning of a range selection, as that's not what I want, the selection starts moving, scrolls the area, ... (according to my mouse move) If I click again, it doesn't stop the selection but start another one. I let you imagine my state of mind at that moment...

All the more, the task part of the view is sorted by / group by according to the selected date : I mean, that if I select a single date, group by the tasks by priority, when I select another date, the group by isn't applied.

All these problems make me wonder whether there is anybody using the Calendar view and happy to use it. If so, please tell me.

Best Regards,
E.G.
Emmanuel Guyot

Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Hi,

No reply... So that means that nobody cares about the calendar view ?
If so, is there any option that Toodledo switches back to the old view ?

Another way to consider this is to keep up the old design. Is there any plan to stop the old design?

Best regards,
E.G.
itp

Posted: Feb 03, 2020
Have you tried syncing to an online calendar? https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php

It works really well and has the added benefit that you can keep an eye on your tasks outside of Toodledo

pascal
Emmanuel Guyot

Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Thank you for your answer.

My first thought about your proposal was that it doesn't fit my needs.
Though, it worth trying, I'll give it a try.

I haven't tried to use the synchronization yet ; If it works well, it may be fine.

E.G.
Emmanuel Guyot

Well... not so good.

The task are set to 0:00 because I don't use the "due time".
So, when I view my calendar, my tasks are stuck side by side.

All the more, I lose the total length for each day.

Anyway, it was a good idea. The export should probably offer more options to force some unused fields.
itp

It depends on the calendar representation of course. In the Calendar app on a Macbook, the tasks with no start or due date are stacked at the top of each day which works for me nicely.

Here’s a screenshot: https://ibb.co/0BfDqgS
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.