ForumsQuestionsOne Click Complete a highlighted task

One Click Complete a highlighted task
dvd1955_2

Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Not sure if this has been discussed before and I'm not even sure what keywords to search with. Fairly new to Toodledo and am struggling with task selection and completion.

Say I have a list of 80 tasks. I want to go through and select a few to work on. I have been using the Star icon to identify these, and sorting on Starred vs non-Starred. That brings these tasks to the top of the list. Some of these may be recurring tasks. When I complete one, I click on the square to check it off. Unfortunately this doesn't clear the Star. So my only option seems to be to open the task, deselect the star, mark as complete, then leave the task. So that means 4 clicks to mark a task as complete.

I think that status would be the most logical way to do this, but the status list does not include "Completed", which seems strange to me. Plus I would still have to open the task to change the Status. Seems like the checkbox for completing a task should really be a drop down menu with the status list, including Completed.

Is it too much to ask that the Star status get cleared when a task is completed?

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks,

New guy Dave
pawelkaleta

Posted: Mar 18, 2020
There is an option in the settings to un-star completed tasks. Look there for section: Behavior Preferences.

You may also want to hide completed tasks using filters at top of the page.
dvd1955_2

Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Thanks Pawelkaleta. I do not see a behavior preference section in the settings on my phone. So I went in through browser and logged in, and found it. Looks like there are a lot more settings options there than in the app on my phone. Learned something new, so thank you very much!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.