android app crash
philipleung

Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
android app crash
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Yeah, the latest update is crashing for me as well. I can't open the app at all.
fshafique

Score: 0 Reference
Same. Came to the forums looking for answers.
kokocrater

Same issue on my Samsung tablet.
Lots of similar negative feedback showing up in the google play store reviews as well.
david.askew

I had the same problem. I removed the app and reinstalled on my pixel. Working almost now ... syncing isn't completing for some reason ...

This message was edited Mar 19, 2020.
bpimentel+toodledo

Uninstall/reinstall solved the immediate crashes for me, too, but syncing isn't working right.
david.askew

Posted by bpimentel+toodledo:
Uninstall/reinstall solved the immediate crashes for me, too, but syncing isn't working right.

Same here. It sorta syncs .. but doesn't sync everything.
chillymo

I uninstalled/reinstalled a few times and nothing. But it finally worked just now. Synced everything, too.
quercusmaximus

galaxy note 9

Clearing the cache, uninstall/re-install multiple times...nothing works...just like the android app. Not paying for something that doesn't work. Canceled my renewal and am looking for an app that works. I doubt they'll bother to contact me when it starts working.
jzamoras

Posted: Mar 20, 2020
Posted by quercusmaximus:
galaxy note 9

Clearing the cache, uninstall/re-install multiple times...nothing works...just like the android app. Not paying for something that doesn't work. Canceled my renewal and am looking for an app that works. I doubt they'll bother to contact me when it starts working.

2do works for me
joodlejo

Posted: Mar 21, 2020
Hi,

the current Android version from the Play Store is listed there as version 6.6.9 from 18 March 2020, but the app's "About" screen says it is "Version 6.6.8 (166)".

This version shows a slighty different behaviour on two of my phones:

On my Fairphone 2 (Android 7.1.2) the app can be opened and I can add a task, but when I try to sync the app with the Toodledo server the app crashes. When I re-open the app, it syncs, and I find the newly added task on the Toodledo web site.

On my Huawei Mate 9 (Android 9.1.0) the app crashes on the attempt to open it, though the widgets still displays some stuff (if up-to-date I didn't check).

No problems at all syncing with the server when I use 3rd party apps like DGT GTD, 2do or Ultimate To-Do.

As the Mate 9 is my main phone I needed a fix for the app crash and successfully tried to install an older version I found on

https://toodledo.en.uptodown.com/android/download

This version is listed there as 6.6.8 from 27 December 2018, the app's "About" screen says it is "Version 6.6.8 (164)".

This version works for me on my Mate 9 without any problems. Of course this is a potential security risk, you have to install an APK file and disable Android's security setting preventing to install from "unknown sources". So if you want to try that yourself you do it on your own risk, I cannot guarantee you don't get a virus or other unwanted malware on your phone ....
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: Mar 21, 2020
Devs appear to have downgraded the app on the Play Store. Uninstall/reinstall is my suggestion. It works fine now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.