ForumsQuestionsDragged Tasks Become Sub-Tasks

Dragged Tasks Become Sub-Tasks
donald

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
When I try to rearrange tasks between folders by dragging, my tasks almost always become sub-tasks of an existing task or land in the wrong folder. As I drag, other tasks highlight, and if I drop it becomes a sub-task. But there is no highlight that tells me that my dragged task will drop in at the folder level instead of at the sub-task level.
The only way to organize tasks between folders is using the pull-down folder field. It would nice if drag and drop gave clearer feedback on where items will land. Thanks!
-Donald
Vin Thomas

Score: 1 Reference
The drag and drop feature only works to drag onto another task. You cannot manually sort, although MANY MANY people would love to see this implemented.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
The drop-down Folder list is the only way to reorganize tasks by Folder. As Vin said, the Hand only has three functions: to drag a task under another as a subtask, to drag a subtask from one parent task to another, and to drag a subtask out from its parent to become a top level task. For a description of the Hand's functions, see the section called "Creating and Moving Subtasks" on this page: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php

However, a subtask will take on the Folder of its parent task, so if you are moving a task into position as a subtask, it will change its Folder to that of the parent.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.