ForumsQuestionsMulti-add tasks

Multi-add tasks
chuck.collins

Posted: May 11, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Until recently, my desktop would display a text box at the top of the screen for adding tasks multiple tasks, one per line. My laptop displayed the add task bar at the right side of the screen. I much prefer the box at the top of the page and was comparing settings to find out why the two were different and make them both use the top of page box (the old interface?).

The Add Task buttons are located in different places, one on the right and one on the left side of the top bar, each on the opposite side of the Toodledo title.

Is there a setting that controls this behavior?

Thanks,

Chuck

https://imgur.com/a/WkbEVgz

This message was edited May 12, 2020.
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: May 11, 2020
Top bar = quick add task. Keyboard shortcut key is "q" for single tasks only. You can use the "/" to smartly tag it with a folder, context, due date, etc... depending on your configuration.

Right bar = more complete and structured way (no fwd slash shortcuts) to add tasks. The better use for the one on the right is to when adding multiple tasks.
chuck.collins

Posted: May 12, 2020
Thanks for the reply but you misunderstood my question.

When I click the Add button, which is located on the top left side of the screen on my desktop and on the right on my laptop, I get the full Add Task form but either at the top of the screen or down the right side of the screen.

The different views on the two platforms is shown in the screen captures at the link in my first post.
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: May 13, 2020
I think the two views are:

1. tasks.toodledo.com (new version) - right add
2. toodledo.com/tasks (old version) - left add

You can select a default view when you log in by going to settings -> Default Views -> Task Section Version
chuck.collins

Posted: May 13, 2020
Laurence - thank you so much! That's just what I needed but I couldn't find it myself. Very much appreciated!

Chuck
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.