ForumsQuestionsCan't stand the new update

Can't stand the new update
coffeeman1

Posted: Jul 05, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I loved this app for my task management, but now I can't stand the new format and functionality. I now need to find a new task management app and convert. What a shame, I wish they had not restructured.
MWillcox

Posted by coffeeman1:
I loved this app for my task management, but now I can't stand the new format and functionality. I now need to find a new task management app and convert. What a shame, I wish they had not restructured.

I’m with coffeeman1... I use this app daily and have come to depend on it, but with this recent release, I have to wonder if it’s not time to start looking for another task manager.
Dnsparber

I have the app on two devices, but I mostly use the iPad Mini 4. I do not like the new format, either. The notes icon and the alarm icon appear with the task whether it has an alarm or a note, both or neither. And on the iPad Mini version of the app, I can no longer edit the task title, time, date, repeat or alarm - I can only edit the notes, if there are any notes with the task. I have been using this app since 2013 so my life history for 7 years is on it, along with tasks like “Passports expire” dated 2 years from now. The thought of loading all that into a different app is daunting.

I worked for 28 years on developing complex real-time systems. So often with these buggy releases, I find myself wondering - does anybody test this stuff? Did they have a peer-reviewed test plan?

This message was edited Jul 05, 2020.
dsross

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
An update shows in the app store for my iPhone. But when I try to do so, i get a message that the developer has removed it from the app store. What gives?
cj

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
Posted by dsross:
An update shows in the app store for my iPhone. But when I try to do so, i get a message that the developer has removed it from the app store. What gives?

consider yourself lucky. I got an automatic update and it is a disaster. Un-unusable.
Locks up pretty much ever time (I need to unload and reload)
doesn't save settings/configurations.
doesn't show the same hotlist items (as is on the web)
I am patient ... but man, this is bad. (and I cannot go back to the old version).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.