ForumsQuestionsOutstanding Issues with New iOS Update

Outstanding Issues with New iOS Update
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
This is a running list of issues that I have encountered since the latest iOS update:

- With a lot of trial and error, I was able to sort my tasks correctly again. I sort by tags within dates. However, every time that I enter or exit the Toodledo iOS application, the application resorts my tasks incorrectly. So I have to literally select "Sort", then open the 1st sorting criteria and hit done, each and every time, to get the tasks to display correctly. Right now, this is my top issue, and it is forcing me to temporarily use the Toodledo Web page on my iPhone instead of this newly updated iOS app.

- Under each task there is now a huge amount of empty space for an attached note. This is useless and distracting.

- Nagging red icon under Settings to buy a subscription? No thanks. How do I get rid of it?

- All notes have a huge amount of space in the actual note contents before any actual words, but when I click on the note to delete the extra space, in edit mode, the note looks fine. It just displays outside of edit mode with the space, there is no way to fix this.

- Some tasks are shaded in blue, others are white. No rhyme or reason no pattern it makes no sense and it is very distracting.

- Sorting in Notes is broken...alphabetically my notes now run A-Z, with all of my notes that start with lower case letters (i.e. eBay, iPhone, etc.) at the end of the list. Like the major Tasks sorting issue that I previously mentioned, the Notes display incorrectly until I tap on the first sort criteria, which I have to do each and every time that I enter or exit the Notes section of the iOS app. But unlike Tasks sorting, I cannot get those lower case letter items to display in correct order, even after I have updated the sort criteria.

- Specific Repeat information (e.g. Daily, Every Monday, etc.) has disappeared from individual Task items, I have to select a Task to see that detail.

These are additional issues that my wife has encountered:

- Hundreds of old tasks got added to the app that she’s going to have to review and work through
- App is not syncing with tasks beyond today.
- No folders for tasks in the app.
- No notes synced in the app.

And now, the soap box speech....

I have been using Toodledo for 15 years give or take. I use it for the basics, but my wife and I depend on those basics in terms of organizing and managing our daily lives. This is by far the worst iOS app update that I have ever seen. I have been somewhat removed from these forums for a while, but I am absolutely shocked at the number and extent of complaints from users both new and old, as well as the complete lack of response from Toodledo to these issues. I have been mostly happy with Toodledo throughout the years, and I've never had a reason to shop around until now. The fact is that Toodledo no longer shows up in casual Google searches for the "best task manager", or "best GTD application" or even "best task list". It was hard dealing with Jake, but Jake cared both personally and professionally about Toodledo and its customers, he listened and responded to issues, and took action across a wide range of customer needs versus wants. I just don't see any of this happening from Toodledo anymore, and I'm concerned that this might be the beginning of the end. Which is a shame, because the legacy of this app and its customer base is really something special, I would hate to continue seeing it go in the direction that it is going.

I do come from an IT background, but it doesn't take an IT person or rocket scientist to understand the basics here - you've got to thoroughly test an application update before even thinking about releasing it to the general public. And you never ever do an update like this without advanced notice to the customer base, and you never ever do it on a holiday weekend. That's just basic common sense.

Bottom line - this new update is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh and the Apple Watch app? The one that we've been waiting on for years? It's beyond useless. Who needs a running list of their Hotlist items, which you have to click on individually to get minimal data about? It looks awful, and provides little value. We've all waited a long time for the new Watch app to happen, we can wait a little longer. Back to the drawing board on that one, maybe put it on the back burner of priorities until you get these iOS update issues squared away.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2020.
jzamoras

Score: 0 Reference
I the meantime, try taskangel app for iOS.
mlb32704

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by jzamoras:

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Will do, very much appreciated.
mlb32704

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by jzamoras:

Task Angel = very slick! I like it, it seems to do everything that Toodledo does, synced up very fast, gotta pay $1 if you want notes lol I think that I can handle that. My one beef so far would be no visual separation between tasks for different days, like Toodledo, but that is not a showstopper. Again, thanks so much for the heads up.
jzamoras

you're welcome
mfmadsen_2

Posted: Jul 09, 2020
Can I transfer my tasks from Toodledo to task angel?
mlb32704

Posted by mfmadsen_2:

Yes, I did it without issue.
Larry3

Posted by mfmadsen_2:

Yes. Task Angel uses Toodledo as back end.
mfmadsen_2

One of my favorite things about Toodledo on iPad or web is that it calculates the amount of time to all my tasks for that day in hot list. Does task angel do that?
mfmadsen_2

So I synced from within task angel with Toodledo. It added all my tasks. Great. Then I went back to Toodledo and see that about a quarter of my tasks have duplicated. I see no reason why those tasks duplicated, some with notes and some without, some that are repeating but not all of the repeating ones, some due in past but not all.

PS mlb32704. I have all of your issues with Toodledo and more. The main one is the random freezing of the screen, for which I have submitted a support ticket.
bettylarsen

I downloaded TaskAngel and synced with Toodledo. Great I thought. I'll keep both running and see how I like TaskAngel. What a disappointment when I saw most of my tasks now in Toodledo are doubled and tripled. What a mess. I can't believe Toodledo subscribers are not being updated about the status of this software. We pay our yearly subscription fee on time - how about Toodledo being respectful of us.
Larry3

Posted by mfmadsen_2:
One of my favorite things about Toodledo on iPad or web is that it calculates the amount of time to all my tasks for that day in hot list. Does task angel do that?

I don't think so. At least not that I've ever seen and I've been using for several years.
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 10, 2020
I have not seen the duplicates error syncing with Task Angel that some of you mention. I am so sorry if I created further issues for any of you, obviously that was not my intention. I’m not taking any chances, I just deleted Task Angel everywhere. Now I’m just waiting patiently for Toodledo to wake up and fix these issues. I am using the Toodledo Web page bookmarked on the home screen of my iOS devices in the mean time. It’s anything but ideal, but it does work.
bettylarsen

Yesterday after I cleaned up Toodledo's doubles and triples caused by syncing TaskAngel with Toodledo, TaskAngel crashed. I uninstalled. Today I reinstalled TaskAngel and synced again with Toodledo. I'm a glutton for punishment. Again totally messed up Toodledo with doubles and triples. I've learned my lesson. Apparently the 2 apps don't play well together. It's time Toodledo fixed their app and updated subscribers on the status of their work.
pquinn2714

Posted by mlb32704:
This is a running list of issues that I have encountered since the latest iOS update:

- With a lot of trial and error, I was able to sort my tasks correctly again. I sort by tags within dates. However, every time that I enter or exit the Toodledo iOS application, the application resorts my tasks incorrectly. So I have to literally select "Sort", then open the 1st sorting criteria and hit done, each and every time, to get the tasks to display correctly. Right now, this is my top issue, and it is forcing me to temporarily use the Toodledo Web page on my iPhone instead of this newly updated iOS app.

- Under each task there is now a huge amount of empty space for an attached note. This is useless and distracting.

- Nagging red icon under Settings to buy a subscription? No thanks. How do I get rid of it?

- All notes have a huge amount of space in the actual note contents before any actual words, but when I click on the note to delete the extra space, in edit mode, the note looks fine. It just displays outside of edit mode with the space, there is no way to fix this.

- Some tasks are shaded in blue, others are white. No rhyme or reason no pattern it makes no sense and it is very distracting.

- Sorting in Notes is broken...alphabetically my notes now run A-Z, with all of my notes that start with lower case letters (i.e. eBay, iPhone, etc.) at the end of the list. Like the major Tasks sorting issue that I previously mentioned, the Notes display incorrectly until I tap on the first sort criteria, which I have to do each and every time that I enter or exit the Notes section of the iOS app. But unlike Tasks sorting, I cannot get those lower case letter items to display in correct order, even after I have updated the sort criteria.

- Specific Repeat information (e.g. Daily, Every Monday, etc.) has disappeared from individual Task items, I have to select a Task to see that detail.

These are additional issues that my wife has encountered:

- Hundreds of old tasks got added to the app that she’s going to have to review and work through
- App is not syncing with tasks beyond today.
- No folders for tasks in the app.
- No notes synced in the app.

And now, the soap box speech....

I have been using Toodledo for 15 years give or take. I use it for the basics, but my wife and I depend on those basics in terms of organizing and managing our daily lives. This is by far the worst iOS app update that I have ever seen. I have been somewhat removed from these forums for a while, but I am absolutely shocked at the number and extent of complaints from users both new and old, as well as the complete lack of response from Toodledo to these issues. I have been mostly happy with Toodledo throughout the years, and I've never had a reason to shop around until now. The fact is that Toodledo no longer shows up in casual Google searches for the "best task manager", or "best GTD application" or even "best task list". It was hard dealing with Jake, but Jake cared both personally and professionally about Toodledo and its customers, he listened and responded to issues, and took action across a wide range of customer needs versus wants. I just don't see any of this happening from Toodledo anymore, and I'm concerned that this might be the beginning of the end. Which is a shame, because the legacy of this app and its customer base is really something special, I would hate to continue seeing it go in the direction that it is going.

I do come from an IT background, but it doesn't take an IT person or rocket scientist to understand the basics here - you've got to thoroughly test an application update before even thinking about releasing it to the general public. And you never ever do an update like this without advanced notice to the customer base, and you never ever do it on a holiday weekend. That's just basic common sense.

Bottom line - this new update is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh and the Apple Watch app? The one that we've been waiting on for years? It's beyond useless. Who needs a running list of their Hotlist items, which you have to click on individually to get minimal data about? It looks awful, and provides little value. We've all waited a long time for the new Watch app to happen, we can wait a little longer. Back to the drawing board on that one, maybe put it on the back burner of priorities until you get these iOS update issues squared away.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.