ForumsQuestionsTo Toodledo Management..

To Toodledo Management..
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 09, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
The new iOS update is an absolute nightmare.

While you sort through the many issues, why not roll everyone back to the previous release?
Larry3

Posted: Jul 09, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I don't think they read these forums very often. If they do, they don't respond. Reading into their lack of communication I don't think they really care or now they realize they are in over their heads.
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I disagree. In the past day, Anant has checked in and replied to a user on a specific functionality request. He also posted an update on a beta version with many fixes and a download link in TestFlight. I’m guessing that there are just too many people asking the same things in multiple places on these boards and they don’t know how to reapond.

TD could get ahead of all of this by simply posting a separate topic on updates and the progress in terms of resolving issues specific to updates. They could even lock the topic from discussion and just put it out there, to show what they’re doing and give the implication that they care about their user base without actually soliciting any input from them.

My guess is that they are overwhelmed and inundated with user requests, complaints, posts, etc. and it’s just easier to ignore everyone while they work through resolutions in an undermanned overwhelmed panic. The irony is that if they would simply reach out to the user base and engage their support, they could probably resolve a lot of these issues a lot quicker and more efficiently. But those discussions are above my pay grade, sorry :)
Larry3

Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by mlb32704:
I disagree. In the past day, Anant has checked in and replied to a user on a specific functionality request. He also posted an update on a beta version with many fixes and a download link in TestFlight. I’m guessing that there are just too many people asking the same things in multiple places on these boards and they don’t know how to reapond.

TD could get ahead of all of this by simply posting a separate topic on updates and the progress in terms of resolving issues specific to updates. They could even lock the topic from discussion and just put it out there, to show what they’re doing and give the implication that they care about their user base without actually soliciting any input from them.

My guess is that they are overwhelmed and inundated with user requests, complaints, posts, etc. and it’s just easier to ignore everyone while they work through resolutions in an undermanned overwhelmed panic. The irony is that if they would simply reach out to the user base and engage their support, they could probably resolve a lot of these issues a lot quicker and more efficiently. But those discussions are above my pay grade, sorry :)

Yes, he's responded to a couple but not enough and not in any organized manner. Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed and don't want to be a nay-sayer. That he's stuck around may be a good sign but I think he's in over his head on a number of levels (which he alluded to in a post).

You're absolutely right he could get ahead of all this by communicating and controlling the issue. Have you seen how many of the forums the same problems are duplicated recently? He needs one forum where he gives updates - and follows through with commitments and communication which he has promised but not lived up to.

That all being said I do feel a little sorry for him. He commented one time that he has technical background and not management. Now he's doing both. My experience is that technical people don't make great upper managers because management is not their strength or first love. And visa-versa.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.