ForumsQuestionsTasks are Moving from Outlook to Toodledo

Tasks are Moving from Outlook to Toodledo
carrieb999

Posted: Aug 22, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
My company was recently acquired, which entailed moving from G-Suite over to Microsoft Office. I manually added all of my tasks from Google into the tasks in Outlook. Before my eyes, they disappeared! I was in a low-grade panic, and then - lo and behold, they were all in Toodledo! I have no idea how that happened, but chalked it up to a fluke and added them all back to Outlook again.

This morning - same thing. There are no tasks in Outlook, and they are all in Toodledo.

The only Syncing I have set up is with iOS, as I do like to use Toodledo on my iPhone.

I am so confused! I want to keep my work tasks separate and in Outlook.

Does anyone have any idea how this is happening, and what Setting I can adjust to prevent it from recurring?

Thank you!
carrieb999

Posted: Aug 22, 2020
Ah, just found this in another post.

Indeed, Toodle syncs with iphone Reminders, and Outlook syncs with Reminders.
Mystery solved, sync disabled.
Thanks everyone!
Allan

Posted: Aug 24, 2020
Yes, that works, but it is annoying... I'll keep reminders out of toodledo.
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 24, 2020
MS ToDo, while far from being a perfect app, syncs all tasks from Outlook to mobile. It's a direct sync so it's not going through Reminders, which has a number of advantages, one of them being they don't get synced with Toodledo and erased. (Also, the attachments get synced as well, and flagged emails are added to tasks). Just FYI.

Also, if you end up liking MS ToDo on mobile, it's also available as a free app on Windows (you can download it from W10 Marketplace). It runs on top of Outlook task database so no special sync setup is required. Personally, I believe Outlook, while having a dated interface, is still a far more powerful task manager. MS ToDo has a number of features that could be extremely useful but in a typical Microsoft fashion, they sabotaged their own system by bizarre design choices and poor execution. (e.g. filter by tag list and search results lists are sorted by task Creation date instead of due date, with no way to change the sort criteria, which is a weird and idiotic design choice). But since ToDo and Outlook share the same database, it's still a useful enough cross platform task management system. As long as most of your heavy planning is done on the desktop.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.