ForumsQuestionsAutomated Email Reports & "No Folder"

Automated Email Reports & "No Folder"
replytoken

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I know that TD ofers on demand e-mail reports for folders. Is there any way that an email report can be generated for items that have no folder assignment? And, is it possible that folder reports could be automatically generated like the Hotlist report?

I have reminder notifications sent from G-Mail to TD for Google calendar appointments and they arrive in TD with no folder assignment. I would like to use the "no folder" designation as my "repository" for all of my notifications, and it would be great if TD could also send me a daily update of these items.

Thanks,

--Ken
Anders

You can't get a report for No Folder. I just tested out to see if you can use the syntax to retrieve everything in No Folder, but I got no reply, so I'm guessing that doesn't work either.

There is also no way to automate these reports, but it's a neat suggestion.

Edit: I tried again, and received a response this time for ?*No Folder. It said "0 tasks matched your query". Oh well. It would be nice if No Folder were treated more like a Folder, but maybe that doesn't make sense :)

This message was edited Aug 19, 2009.
Claudio

You can specify a default folder for new tasks (call it something like "Inbox") and base your report on that folder, but I'm not sure that the default would apply to all the various methods of adding tasks in Toodledo, eg. email, Slim, import.
replytoken

Thank you for checking, Anders. I think that I may have a good work around. I will be posting it shortly in this thread as the topic is more closely related to the issue: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/2344/0/reminders-google-and-the-ipod-touch.html .

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.