ForumsQuestionsIs there a way to send an alert to someone upon task assignment

Is there a way to send an alert to someone upon task assignment
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm exploring using the sharing feature and wondered whether it is possible to send an alert to the recipienct of a delegated task?
Anders

Score: -1 Reference
No. Your collaborators will have to keep an eye on the Sharing view, or Recently Added tab in the Main view. You could give the task a Top Priority so it would be sure to show up immediately on their Hotlist. You could also give it an artificial Due Date with a reminder set to notify them.
Kenny Schiff

It appears that a pro user intending to share, needs to share with another pro user. I did an experiment with one of my co-workers. I'm a pro user, she is free. When I went to her sharing tab, it said that this only worked with pro version. Am I correct that private sharing requires both users to be paid?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you want the other user to be able to add/edit your list, then yes they both need to be Pro.

We do plan to improve our collaboration tools in a future update.
Anders

She should still be able to see your list. Editing requires a Pro subscription for your collaborator, but you should be able to share with anybody in read-only fashion.
Did you try the Sharing view accessed from the link at the top of the screen, or the sidebar link which is just for adding collaborators? If the sharing view doesn't work, try clicking on Collaborators next to Filters and Sort.
replytoken

Posted by Kendoori:
I'm exploring using the sharing feature and wondered whether it is possible to send an alert to the recipienct of a delegated task?

You could send your notification to an email address and then have it automatically forwarded to a recipient. The notification would need to be set relative to a due date, but otherwise this is not too hard to set up.

--Ken
jlebuda

Posted: Sep 14, 2009
Hi, could I get a simple answer on that? I am planning to buy 4-6 pro licences but only if my co-workers get an email notification upon a delegated task regardless the due date.. Is it feasible? How?
Anders

No, there is no automatic notification of newly assigned tasks. You either have to notify the recipient seperately or set up a system using Due Dates as Ken suggested. The easiest thing to do is probably to have collaborators regulary check and process their No Folder tasks (that is where any newly assigned tasks will appear).
jlebuda

Thanks Anders,
any plans to introduce email notifications? when?

this is quite a pain to have to check the website all the time.. and the argument against purchasing that :(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do plan to add some sort of notification system so that you will know when a collaborator edits something on your list, but we don't have an ETA for this feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.