ForumsQuestionsDelete account plus habit

Delete account plus habit
al_d3

Posted: Oct 25, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I'm posting here as apparently I don't have any support credits left after I made you aware that I still got DAILY Toodledo habit reminders after deleting my account.
The first time I contacted you was Nov-2019 #74599 - but the reply was that everything was OK from your part, but it wasn't
I then opened another ticket Apr 18, 2020 #75509 - this time the reply was that there was a bug in your system that didn't clean up the reminders after an account has been deleted, and you fixed it. But this isn't the case.

Now it is 25-10-2020 - I still get these daily habit email reminders that I setup up years ago, and the link that is in those email doesn't get me to the habit as it doesn't exist anymore. I even re-created my account in the hope I can just delete this reminder.

Could you please, as requested in the support tickets, delete that reminder so that I don't get any reminders from Toodledo.
I do get them DAILY. I then happily delete my account again.

Is there anything else you need me to do? I'm concerned that even though I deleted my account the first time around, there is still data left somewhere that sends me those reminders. This is a big privacy issue.

Thanks
Larry3

Posted: Oct 25, 2020
I doubt you'll get resolution posting on this forum. Developers rarely if ever reply. That's what the support ticket if for but as you've experienced even those don't get resolved.

I guess I'd submit another ticket or see if you can PM developer via forum. Not that I expect any success.

Hate to be so negative but almost everyone on this forum thinks Toodledo is abandoned considering the ongoing bugs and lack of communication.

I know you said you deleted account but have you confirmed that by trying to log in under your old credentials?
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 26, 2020
Posted by al_d3:
Hi, I'm posting here as apparently I don't have any support credits left after I made you aware that I still got DAILY Toodledo habit reminders after deleting my account.
The first time I contacted you was Nov-2019 #74599 - but the reply was that everything was OK from your part, but it wasn't
I then opened another ticket Apr 18, 2020 #75509 - this time the reply was that there was a bug in your system that didn't clean up the reminders after an account has been deleted, and you fixed it. But this isn't the case.

Now it is 25-10-2020 - I still get these daily habit email reminders that I setup up years ago, and the link that is in those email doesn't get me to the habit as it doesn't exist anymore. I even re-created my account in the hope I can just delete this reminder.

Could you please, as requested in the support tickets, delete that reminder so that I don't get any reminders from Toodledo.
I do get them DAILY. I then happily delete my account again.

Is there anything else you need me to do? I'm concerned that even though I deleted my account the first time around, there is still data left somewhere that sends me those reminders. This is a big privacy issue.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the "resurrection" of deleted tasks has been a very long standing bug for me, even before the current owners took over. I'd delete all tasks, log in a few months later, and they somehow come back. Perhaps it has to do with some uncleared browser cache on one of user's devices.

At this point, I'd just block the emails from Toodledo and move on.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.