ForumsQuestionsAfter iOS 14.2 update, iPad no longer syncing....crap....

After iOS 14.2 update, iPad no longer syncing....crap....
strativourakis

Posted: Nov 07, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Well CRAP.

I updated my 11" iPad Pro to iOS 14.2 and now the ToodleDo app will not open at all on my iPad.
It attempts to launch but crashes almost instantly.

I think I'm screwed for sure on my ipad; I think I have no choice but to delete & install the newest ToodleDo app, right??
I have rebooted the device multiple times, but it doesn't help.

In preparation for the worst - installing the disaster of a new ToodleDo app - I have gone into my ToodleDo account on my desktop & downloaded a backup in literally every different format; Complete Backup option, CSV, TXT, XML, etc.

Is there anything else I should do or try before grudgingly downloading the latest ToodleDo app & hoping it works with iOS 14.2?

Any other precautions I should take before downloading the new ToodleDo app on my iPad?
Thanks
[email protected]

Posted: Nov 10, 2020
I've been having a similar problem with my iOS apps both on iPhone and iPad. I WAS NOT on 14.2 and my apps were not syncing. Evertime I tried to reset and login with my password I received a login failed error.

I reinstalled the app and tried several more times with same results. So, I figured I install the 14.2 iOS update. Still will not login.

It appears there is a problem with the app. How about some guidance here ToodleDo!!!
strativourakis

Posted: Nov 11, 2020
Posted by [email protected]:
I've been having a similar problem with my iOS apps both on iPhone and iPad. I WAS NOT on 14.2 and my apps were not syncing. Evertime I tried to reset and login with my password I received a login failed error.

I reinstalled the app and tried several more times with same results. So, I figured I install the 14.2 iOS update. Still will not login.

It appears there is a problem with the app. How about some guidance here ToodleDo!!!

Hey Dino, Thanks for the reply. :-)

Well, I don't know if you've browsed around here but basically; ToodleDo has sadly devolved into a total disaster.

The new app update they released this summer (July?) has caused major issues for many, MANY users - including substantial data loss.

Worse, ToodleDo staff has been almost wholly unresponsive. Browse around this forum & you'll see for yourself.

Anyway; sounds like you are in a slightly better place than me because at least your ToodleDo app launches - mine won't even load on my iPad, after I upgraded to 14.2. I can't even get into it to play with any of the settings.

This is why I'm always VERY careful in how I update iOS and mission-critical apps; I can't afford to have them non-functional, data loss, etc.

I guess all I can do is again to a full backup / export of all my ToodleDo data, download the new Crap App, and pray for the best.

Have you done a force sync?

Last thing; if you haven't already, you should immediately go & backup / export all your ToodleDo data.

The worst part of this new app is it has caused data loss (deleted many or ALL tasks & notes!) for a lot of users.

Granted, they're partially to blame for not making any backups of their data, but still.....people get a sadly misplaced and very false sense of security when using cloud apps...

That's it for now......
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.