ForumsQuestionsCan't Modify Old and/or Repeating Tasks

Can't Modify Old and/or Repeating Tasks
mlb32704

Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Based on a number of messages I've read through in the Forum, I'm not counting on a response to this anytime soon but still putting it out there.

I've noticed a bug of sorts with regards to old and/or repeating tasks. For no reason whatsoever, and with no pattern or rhyme or reason, I'll modify or mark complete an existing task, only to see the original unmodified task right back in my uncomplete queue. Most of the time it seems to happen with repeating tasks, but I've also had it happen a number of times with non-repeaters. There is no solution, the solution is to delete the task and reinput it from scratch. More than a pain than anything.

Hopefully someone someday can follow up on this.
strativourakis

Posted: Dec 02, 2020
I have my tasks set as "due OPTIONALLY on" and set to repeat at whatever interval is necessary; daily, weekly, etc.

I believe that if there is any repeat configured whatsoever, that the task will do what it's been configured to do and show up again in your UNcompleted task list.

i.e.; you have task "get groceries" set to repeat each week on Saturday. When you complete getting groceries, you want to mark the task done but then for it to remind you again next weekend. Hence the task will repeat.

I always clear out the due date/time as well as the repeat fields before marking a task as complete /checking it off.

Does this make sense? Hope it helps...
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Strativourakis, a belated but sincere thank you for posting responses on all of my outstanding issues. I'm glad that someone is at least trying to help.
I can understand the business rationale behind any plans to ultimately shut down Toodledo, but this lack of response from the company and it's non-existent support is just downright unprofessional, and quite frankly disrespectful of the strong, long established user base that has supported Toodledo all of these years. Jake and Co. would never have let it come to this, it just hasn't been the same since the present owners and management took over. In any case, I'm still using Toodledo as always, but I'm backing up EVERYTHING on a weekly basis, and I've started trying out alternatives. The best one that I've found so far is TickTick, with RTM a distant second, again, neither have the functionality or look and feel of Toodledo but what choice do I have? For my basic needs, free TickTick should be fine. Good luck and thank you once again.
strativourakis

Posted: Dec 16, 2020
Posted by mlb32704:
Strativourakis, a belated but sincere thank you for posting responses on all of my outstanding issues. I'm glad that someone is at least trying to help.
I can understand the business rationale behind any plans to ultimately shut down Toodledo, but this lack of response from the company and it's non-existent support is just downright unprofessional, and quite frankly disrespectful of the strong, long established user base that has supported Toodledo all of these years. Jake and Co. would never have let it come to this, it just hasn't been the same since the present owners and management took over. In any case, I'm still using Toodledo as always, but I'm backing up EVERYTHING on a weekly basis, and I've started trying out alternatives. The best one that I've found so far is TickTick, with RTM a distant second, again, neither have the functionality or look and feel of Toodledo but what choice do I have? For my basic needs, free TickTick should be fine. Good luck and thank you once again.

Hi MLB:
You are welcome & no worries!

I too am evaluating TickTick & at first glance, it seems like what I will probably end up with.
I just need to dedicate more time to familiarizing myself with it, but ultimately I think we will all be forced to pull the plug here on ToodleDo.

As I’ve said elsewhere on these forums, I agree that it is really unusually shocking how horrible ToodleDo’s owners / management / whatever you want to call them are behaving. We have people coming here literally *begging* for support, bug fixes, feature requests and generally asking for ToodleDo to just conduct themselves like any sort of a normal company and RESPOND to ANYONE!

Yet they flat refuse to. Sad. Honestly, it’s almost malicious and sadistic at this point.

Additionally, I have noticed a lot of *former* ToodleDo users still pop by the forums to check in on occasion – in my opinion that is a pretty special type of dedication and it’s just disgraceful and pathetic that the ToodleDo owners are squandering all of that Goodwill.

Actually; I think that despite all of the outright malicious abuse they have thrown at us; that if they got their act together they could still turn this around and grow their user base but that’s just not gonna happen.

Sad!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.