ForumsQuestionsCan't delete tasks

Can't delete tasks
Passion4Film

Posted: Dec 26, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I have dozens of tasks I have had to push out a year because the app will not delete them; they keep reappearing. It is completely random which tasks will not allow themselves to be deleted. They do not show up on Toodledo.com and appear to be deleted properly but the app shows they still exist. Their text is not editable but the date is. This is now across two different phones, but I am currently on iOS 14.3 on the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Any recourse? Thanks!
tim.feeney

Posted: Jan 04, 2021
I have been experiencing the same issue for the last couple of months. It happens often enough to be annoying but not often enough to mess with my productivity.

I was thinking that I could remove the app/data from the mobile device, which shouldn't impact what is on website, then re-install the app. Just in case, I plan to do a backup from the web first.
brockadler

Posted: Jan 09, 2021
You should download/backup your data to your computer and find a new todo program/app asap. This one will probably be disconnected/fail with no notice. Other forums discuss what's up and other solid choices. Good luck friend...
strativourakis

Posted: Jan 12, 2021
Posted by brockadler:
You should download/backup your data to your computer and find a new todo program/app asap. This one will probably be disconnected/fail with no notice. Other forums discuss what's up and other solid choices. Good luck friend...

LOL you are on a mission to inform!! :-)

Very nice of you.

Sad to see ToodleDo just fade & fizzle away....
:-(
Passion4Film

Posted: Jan 17, 2021
Posted by brockadler:

I’ve just been reading some posts about the inevitable demise. Makes me sad!

Thanks, gang!
askhodarev

Posted: Jan 18, 2021
I am dealing with the issue in a following way:
- purge the data (through “settings”) in the device.
- then sync it “force Toodledo - device”
This kills all the non-delectable tasks on the device.

Anton
bettylarsen

Posted: Jan 23, 2021
Where do you find sync Toodledo to device?
bettylarsen

Posted: Jan 24, 2021
Posted by bettylarsen:

Okay - found it. Doesn't work! What's going on with this company? I have to find another Todo list app. Any suggestions?
creinhard

Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Posted by bettylarsen:
Posted by bettylarsen:

Okay - found it. Doesn't work! What's going on with this company? I have to find another Todo list app. Any suggestions?

There have been discussions about alternatives to Toodledo, you can search on "alternatives"

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/search.php

I don't use Toodledo on mobile devices, so I'm hanging on here until the last minute, if/when that happens I'll be migrating to Remember the Milk.

Chris
CharleneTX

Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Posted by creinhard:
I don't use Toodledo on mobile devices, so I'm hanging on here until the last minute, if/when that happens I'll be migrating to Remember the Milk.

Todoist has a nice desktop app as well as a web browser version and mobile app.
creinhard

Posted: Jan 26, 2021
Posted by CharleneTX:

Todoist has a nice desktop app as well as a web browser version and mobile app.

I did create an account for Todoist, I like the dark theme ... in the end I went with RTM, it was a coin toss ... Excel Spreadsheet is also intriguing!

Chris
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.