ForumsQuestionsPocket Informant

Pocket Informant
LSF_2

Posted: Feb 21, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I am using Pocket Informant as my task management provider. This syncs very nicely with Toodledo. I am hearing all manner of things about Toodledo and I need to be able to have a backup plan if things go badly with them.

Are there any other PI users out there and if so, what are you using?
bandit

Posted: Feb 21, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by tg_4:
Are there any other PI users out there and if so, what are you using?

Hi tg_4. I started using Pocket Informant back in 2009 and really liked it, though I will say that back then I didn’t use the “to do” functionality anything like I ended up using Toodledo. I think back then PI may have been free and the only thing I paid for was to add the weather to the calendar, as it was an inexpensive one-time purchase and a nice thing to have. I fell off the PI wagon when they upgraded to Informant 5 (I5), and unlocking all but the basic calendar function (which is actually quite nice) cost a rather hefty annual fee. At that time I switched primarily to Google Calendar. This syncs with I5, which is great in case I ever decide to move back to I5, as all my calendar entries are in both places. (All my calendar entries are also synced to iCal. This overkill is due to paranoia from a time many years ago when, for some unknown reason, my entire PI calendar got wiped out, and no one could help get it back. I will say that PI tech support was very responsive and spent a lot of time trying to resolve the problem.) Originally I was looking for an integrated calendar and to-do list app. There are plenty out there, but none of the to-do lists in those apps lived up to Toodledo (in my opinion), so I’ve continued to maintain separate apps.

The whole thought of losing Toodledo is very stressful, as is trying to find an alternative that I’m willing to move to, as I know I’ll need to give up some Toodledo features that I love. However, maybe I’ll re-think using I5 - the annual subscription fee might be a small price to pay to offset all if the stress!

If you haven’t done so, you might want to check out the topic “Discuss Alternatives to Toodledo”, and another user set up a forum about this topic in Reddit (info provided in another forum topic).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.