ForumsQuestionsGlitch in start date calculation of repeating tasks?

Glitch in start date calculation of repeating tasks?
frankie.toodle

Posted: Aug 05, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I find some of my recurring tasks with start days in the past after I have completed them. They all recur from the completed date, so that should not be. Unfortunately this does not affect all such tasks and for the time being, it also did not affect any task twice. So it's a bit difficult to see exaclty what is happening.

Has anybody found something similar?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 06, 2021
Hi Frankie -
Thanks for reporting this! We will look into it and see if we can find a cause for this.

Next time you see it, would you mind sending us a support ticket or email @ [email protected] with the name of the task that it affected (or if you already know one) so we can see if we can try to reproduce the error?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 06, 2021
Also -- does this look like the same issue you are seeing?

https://roadmap.toodledo.com/bugs/p/repeat-from-completion
frankie.toodle

Posted: Aug 07, 2021
Hi Pamela,

thanks for looking into this. The bud you found is not the same, as I saw the glitch in the start date. I am not working with due dates here.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Cheers,
Frankie
The Dave

Posted: Aug 12, 2021
I have a number of repeating items, and have noticed their start dates drift. In my case it is usually bills where I know the due date and set the start date to 21 days before, when the bill would print, as I can reasonably pay it anywhere in the middle. It usually works at first, but over time it will end up out of sync. I'm unclear if it is the website, iOS app, or a third party app that causes it.

I've mostly stopped using Start Dates for these anyway.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Thanks for this additional context -- any info is helpful in helping us reproduce the issue so we can track it down and fix it!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.