ForumsQuestionsiPad app

iPad app
bernie.wilcox

Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Hi. Congratulations to the new team. I was ready to quit Toodledo because of the lack of iPad functionality and the complete lack of any response from the previous team. Truly awful. I even tracked down the owners and sent them direct emails with no response. I'm hoping that you guys will get Toodledo back to where it once was.

My problem is that the iPad app simply doesn't work for users with large historical tasks. It crashes.

Given that the users with the large number of checked off tasks are the very ones paying the highest subscription it seems that those paying the most are getting the worse service.

Could you please give us an approximate timescale for resolving this issue?

Thanks and best of luck.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 13, 2021
Hi -

Thanks for the feedback and support! This is an issue that we are aware of and I completely agree that the app should be able to handle a large number of historical tasks.

We are completely rewriting the mobile apps (both iOS and Android) to address performance issues such as this, syncing issues, and updating the UI.

We expect a first (public Beta) release with a subset of Tasks functionality (and with the best support for newer iOS and Android devices) to be available by early 2022. (Other functionality will follow on soon after)

For now, migrating to this new app will be completely optional and will run alongside the existing apps - but we would definitely recommend checking it out sooner than later once it's available.
borkis

Posted: Aug 19, 2021
I have written many notes asking why the performance is so slow on the iphone app. I have about 900 tasks and when using the app to do anything on it has a long pause before it updates the change requested. Is is ever going to be better? I really enjoy the product but it is frustrating when using it on my apply device.
Bob
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Posted by borkis:
I have written many notes asking why the performance is so slow on the iphone app. I have about 900 tasks and when using the app to do anything on it has a long pause before it updates the change requested. Is is ever going to be better? I really enjoy the product but it is frustrating when using it on my apply device.
Bob

Yes, we are completely rewriting the mobile apps (both iOS and Android) to address performance issues such as this, syncing issues, and updating the UI.

We expect a first (public Beta) release with a subset of Tasks functionality (and with the best support for newer iOS and Android devices) to be available by early 2022. (Other functionality will follow on soon after)

For now, migrating to this new app will be completely optional and will run alongside the existing apps - but we would definitely recommend checking it out sooner than later once it's available.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.