ForumsQuestionsiOS notifications from the website don't work

iOS notifications from the website don't work
The Dave

Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
In the iOS app you can set notifications to come from the device, or from website.

From device works fine, with the expected behaviour that it only works for items synchronized to the app. From website however, does not seem to generate any alert at all.

Why does it matter? Well if anyone has a 700 year old iOS device then from device doesn't work, but in my case, I barely use the iOS app and mostly have it installed for notifications.

Once there is an update (even the last TestFlight build under the old owners was better as it used reasonable font sizes for Plus/Max sized devices) I'll probably use it more.

I can also understand if this feature is gone and being depreciated, but at the moment it exists and doesn't work, so I wanted to mention it.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Hi Dave -

Thanks for letting us know about this -- we will track this bug as we work on the new app.

Regarding the last Testflight build from the previous owners, if you would like access to this build in the meantime, please send us a support ticket or email at [email protected] and we can get you access to it. As you probably know, it expires every 90 days so you'll have to reinstall it, but we will continue to refresh it until we have a suitable replacement.

Kind regards
-Pamela
The Dave

Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Not just alarms, the remote badge count update feature also doesn’t work.

This isn’t a huge surprise as it relies on a similar APNS backend. Just wanted to mention to make sure it is noted.
frogboy

Posted: Aug 20, 2021
The email notifications seem to work. I have those sent to a Pushover account, which means I get notifications on iOS.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.