ForumsQuestionsToodledo Speed Sloooooow...

Toodledo Speed Sloooooow...
avikroy

Posted: Oct 05, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Folks, I've been a Toodledo user for 10+ years. I have never seen the app perform as slowly as it has been doing the last 2 to 3 days. I use Windows 10 and Chrome. Any shared experiences, i.e., other people experiencing the same, and any remedies / workarounds? Anyone know if Toodledo is aware of the issue and working to address it? Thanks. Cheers, Avik.
kenckar

Score: 1 Reference
I'm not seeing anything slow. On Mac/Chrome or iOS.

I assume you have tried restarting browser, machine, etc. My chrome was acting up yesterday a bit. Maybe the Facebook DNS thing.
dismukemail

Score: 2 Reference
I have not noticed anything out of the usual over the past several days. I have two accounts, one that I use in Chrome and one that I use in Edge on the same Windows 10 computer. I do not use the service constantly - but I do usually update/check my task list at intervals throughout the day.

One thing you might try is clearing your cache and restarting your browser. It may or may not work - but it is easy and quick enough to do. And I have encountered over the years enough technical issues with various websites where the ultimate solution was for the user to clear their cache that this is my first go-to if I am having difficultly with getting a website to work.

Sometimes deleting the website's cookies will work for certain types of website issues. But I am reluctant to go into my browser settings and delete ALL my cookies wholesale because that ends up being a pain when I have to login from scratch or jump through two factor authentication hoops for sites that usually "remember" me because of their cookie. But if you know how to go into section inside Chrome settings that allows you to search for cookies for an individual site (here, you would just type "toodledo" into the search box) you will see listings for several cookies that the Toodledo site sets and there is an icon that will allow you to delete them. Afterwards, you will need to sign in to Toodledo again from scratch - but that will cause the site to set brand new cookies. My understanding is that cookie files can sometimes become corrupted and cause a site to misbehave.

Again....no idea whether any of this will fix the issue for you. But it is something I have been able to do a number of times to get websites that have behaved oddly to work. And I only mention it here because I have not experienced the slowness you described - if I had experienced it as well, that would suggest the issue is on Toodledo's end.

There is also a feature where you can open a support ticket - and, based on feedback in this forum, the new owners will actually respond back.
avikroy

Posted: Oct 06, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
@dismukemail, thank you! This was very helpful guidance. It worked :-). Cheers.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 06, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
@avikroy, another thing you might try...

Are you using the "Old"/"Original" version of the tasks page? This page is especially slow when you have lots of tasks (we don't know an exact number, but have heard reports of it lagging with > 10k tasks -- and even completed tasks count in this number)

Can you try using the new tasks version and see if it helps with the problem?
https://tasks.toodledo.com/main

You can configure your account to go to that page by default under Settings -> Default Views (click "edit") -> Under "Tasks Section Version", choose "New" instead of "Original"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.