ForumsQuestionsAdd task w/subtasks or clone existing task w/subtasks via email

Add task w/subtasks or clone existing task w/subtasks via email
jcpeck

Posted: Oct 09, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
My solo-preneur business has automated the procedure of on-boarding a new client. For example, I run a python script on Linux that works in conjunction with Zapier to create new folders in Evernote, a new client in QBO, new client email folders in multiple email accounts, new filesystem directory template in Dropbox that gets pre-populated with a set of files, downloads patent PDFs from Google patents, and creates claim chart templates in Msword format.

Creation of Toodledo tasks via email is also one action performed to remind to bill the client monthly.

However, the available Toodledo mechanisms falls short of my goal of creating a new task that has a set of subtasks. Presently, I use a Toodledo task with subtasks as a template and manually clone that template task as a basis for a new task list for the client.

I'd be happy if Toodledo had a capability to achieve my goal. It seems there may be at least two solutions, and welcome other suggestions:

1. Create a task with subtasks via email
2. Provide a way to clone an existing task (with subtasks) to a new task and specify a new name (via email).

This message was edited Oct 09, 2021.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.