ForumsQuestionssiri and toodledo reminder syncing

siri and toodledo reminder syncing
greginfla_

Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
when I add a task via siri on my reminder list, it will be added to toodledo do.....only if I open the toodledo ios app. If I don't the task on my ios reminder list stays on that list.

Is that how it supposed to work? The opening of the toodledo ios app triggers checking to see if there are task on the reminder list? (this is the only way to have siri add task to my toodledo)

I love telling siri task/stuff I need to do or not forget. But I generally stay away form using the toodledo app. If I need to work with toodledo on my phone, I prefer the mobile website.
clason

Posted: Mar 08, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
I have a similar problem. Even when I have the Toodledo task on my iPhone, if it hasn't been launched or isn't in memory, the synching doesn't seem to work.

The result is I ask siri to remind me of something, but because Toodledo isn't running, the task isn't created in Toodledo and I miss it. By the time I've actually launched the Toodledo app, the task has typically become stale and meaningless. Worse, because I can't depend on the fact that every time that I create a reminder via siri that it will always immediately appear in Toodledo, the integration is useless.

Is there an alternative way to do this, for example IFTT, that is less dependent on the vagaries of whether or not the toodledo app is installed or running on the iPhone?
SnowLeopard

Posted: Mar 13, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
This is indeed how the Siri Reminders sync functions with Toodledo. Due to the iOS sharing architecture (no fault of Toodledo), I don't believe it is possible for Toodledo to sync with Siri Reminders unless the Toodledo app is opened.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.