ForumsQuestionsWhere to suggest changes/improvements? Repeat and Star function

Where to suggest changes/improvements? Repeat and Star function
dvd1955_2

Posted: Dec 19, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
Not sure where to make suggestions. Here are two I would like to see.

In the repeating function, add "0" option for days. Sometimes I work on a task for awhile, but don't finish it. If it is a repeating task set to repeat every one day, when I check it off, it doesn't show up again on my list until tomorrow. I would like for it to immediately show back up on the list, hence a zero day repeating function. This is because I might want to work on it again later that same day. Think of this as "little and often" approach to getting a task done.

Set the default "starred" option to work with repeating functions. I have as a default to turn on the Star for new tasks. However, this doesn't work with repeating tasks. If I have a daily repeating task, and I check it as complete, when it shows up on my list the next day I want the star to be turned on by default.

Thanks,

Dave
dismukemail

Posted: Dec 19, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
There is a place to make suggestions. Click on the drop-down by the "Account Menu" at the top right-hand side of the screen. Look for the "Help" section and select "Feature Requests."

In the repeating function, add "0" option for days. Sometimes I work on a task for awhile, but don't finish it. If it is a repeating task set to repeat every one day, when I check it off, it doesn't show up again on my list until tomorrow. I would like for it to immediately show back up on the list, hence a zero day repeating function. This is because I might want to work on it again later that same day. Think of this as "little and often" approach to getting a task done.

A possible workaround that might or might not work for you in the meanwhile if you are not currently using the Status feature might be to use it for the purpose you described. . For example, tasks that fall into the category that you describe could be classified as "Active" They would thus stay visible in your task list but would be differentiated from tasks that have yet to be started on which would remain in the default "None" status.

If you are already using the Status feature in a different way, you might perhaps use the tags feature to do something similar. And the tags feature has an advantage in that you are able to customize the specific tags. For example, one could come up with a tag for "Working On" or "In the middle of" or "come back to" or "paused" etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.