ForumsQuestionsiPhone app no longer opens into a Task to show/edit the content

iPhone app no longer opens into a Task to show/edit the content
bmoir

Posted: Aug 30, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
I have seen this a few times now over the last few months. My suspicion is possibly a counter or sizing limitation for the (iphone) app?

Symptoms:
- the online/web version continues to show everything...I can see main Tasks and then also view the content (notes) within each Task. Good. The online/web version appears to be fully functional. Good.
- the phone (iPhone) app will show the main Tasks (good) but if I tap on a Task to open it and view the content (notes), it will not open (not good).
- the phone app also seems to be quite clunky...some things not working like:
...I have a 30-day Task view, and I cannot hit the "Back" link to show me other views (like 7-day or Today).
- note that any changes (new Task or marked-as-Complete) performed on either app or web version does appear to continue syncing, as it should. Good news.

Extra info:
Previous times, workaround: I have deleted a few tasks and then I could again view the iPhone app task content, and use the app properly and fully.
Today, I happen to have 1005 Tasks (via 'All tasks') and 14 Notes. This is VERY close to a total of 1024 items....so....is there an issue due to this, again only on the iPhone app?

Ideas here?
Oh....I did take a quick try in this Forum, but couldn't see anything matching this set of symptoms and behaviour.

thanks,
Ben

This message was edited Aug 30, 2022.
bmoir

Posted: Sep 02, 2022
So an update to my own post.
I had intentionally left my Tasks and content basically "as-is" for the last couple of days (since I made my post) in hopes that maybe I'd get a reply from somebody or even the Toodledo crew...but...not the case.
So, tonight, using the web/online version, I did my prior "workaround", which is: went through my huge Task list and did 'Delete Task' for a bunch that I didn't need, or could copy that content elsewhere.
I mainly use the Tasks...so....my All-Tasks count went from 1004 down to 938 (so deleted 66 tasks).
It wasn't immediate...but within maybe 10 mins....I could AGAIN....use my iPhone app properly!!!

My current theory is there is a counter or sizing type limitation for the iPhone app that I keep hitting....something like the number of items it can load (eg, 1024) or the max size of the content (eg, XYZ-Mb of data)....

Thankfully, the web/online version doesn't have this problem or limitation....at least that I've seen yet!

For others who may see similar problem to what I had....if you didn't have access to a web/online version to do the delete-tasks for a bunch you didn't need, I think you can delete-task from the iphone app still....I'm not sure....but you could try to...if you didn't have the choice or were in a bind to do it "now".

I'm still interested to hear if others have this issue...or from the Toodledo crew, if they can confirm what might be the cause for this issue.
I've seen it twice (or maybe three times) now...and I'd expect to see it again.

thanks
Ben
bmoir

Posted: Sep 16, 2022
Toodledo crew,

Any guesses as an explanation for the behaviour I have noted? That is, likely what counter or sizing issue I've bumped into?

thanks,
Ben
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Sep 19, 2022
Hi Ben -
Can you send us a support ticket https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php so we can look into your account? This isn't an issue that we are aware of so would need more details.

Thanks!
-Pamela
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.