ForumsQuestionsWhat is the 'No Folder' folder for?

What is the 'No Folder' folder for?
yony120

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
What is the No Folder folder available for? I don't know what's it's use or how remove it, since it doesn't appear in the Folders settings page.
Anders

No Folder is where you will see all tasks that have not been assigned to a Folder. I use it as my inbox, for stuff that I added, but have not yet figured out exactly where to put it yet. Some people use Folders for projects, and then put all standalone tasks not related to any project in No Folder.
Proximo

Score: 1 Reference
I think it would be great if Toodledo simply renamed the "No Folder" to "inbox".

No Folder is confusing and regardless if you implement GTD or not. Inbox is something that makes sense for any system of productivity.

We all have an Inbox in our email and desk already.
Linden

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
I guess Toodledo left it as "no folder" so that people aren't forced to use it as an inbox. As Anders pointed out, many people use No Folder to indicate a standalone task that doesn't belong to projects housed in named folders. "Inbox" would imply a status that doesn't really apply to those.

That said, if we ever get the ability to rename some of the Status options, allowing folks to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox" would be nice for people otherwise not using it.
James T

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
+1 for renaming to "Inbox"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.