ForumsQuestionsHELP! 927 tasks now due today; Restore doesn't work!

HELP! 927 tasks now due today; Restore doesn't work!
Nikki B

Posted: Oct 30, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
This is actually a two-part problem.

Part I (and most urgent):
The data on my Toodledo account was messed up (all 927 uncompleted tasks starred and due dates set to Today). Luckily I did a backup just a few days ago, so I restored the data, but nothing has changed. All the tasks remain starred and due today, and all the changes I made since the backup are still there.

For reference, I'm using an up-to-date Windows 10 laptop, with Chrome version 106.0.5249.119.

To create the backup, I clicked menu > Import/Export/Backup > Backup/Restore > Download Backup File. It created an XML file, which I saved on my OneDrive.

To restore, I clicked menu > Import/Export/Backup > Backup/Restore > Choose File (in the Restore box) > chose the correct file > Upload. There was a pause, and the site confirmed that I wanted to replace all the existing data with the backup file. After a few minutes it said the data was restored, so I went back to my list and it was NOT restored.
------------------------------------------------------------

Part II (the reason Part I happened)
There is a bug that causes every uncompleted task in the entire list to be selected when the user clicks L+task. The popup window will say "All 927 of these tasks will be edited." The issue occurs rarely and seems random, so if it occurs I unselect the task(s) and try again later. After having to fix every. single. task. the first time I accidentally edited the whole list, I am VERY VERY VERY careful to notice what the popup window says before I click OK.

This time, I was editing 8 tasks. I double (and triple) checked the popup window before I clicked OK, and it correctly said "All 8 of these tasks will be edited." I clicked OK, and every single uncompleted task in my list became starred and due Today.

As you can imagine, this is a disaster that will take many, many hours to fix. Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a large bowl of ice cream. I will face this soul-crushing problem tomorrow.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 31, 2022
Hi Nikki -
Thanks for your post and we are so sorry to hear about this! Can you send us a support ticket so we can check your backup for why it's not working as intended? https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

We also would like to look into Part II (the bug that caused this) -- what browser are you using, and are you on the "old" tasks page or the "new" one (what does the URL in your browser say)? Please send a support ticket for this too so we can get it routed to the team.
Nikki B

Posted: Oct 31, 2022
Thank you, Pamela H.

I submitted the L+task issue, but just discovered that I am not allowed to submit more than one ticket in a day, so now I can't submit the more pressing issue of the backup not working. Is there a way to override that rule?

Thank you for your help!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.