ForumsQuestionsRepeated Tasks

Repeated Tasks
Scott Florack

Posted: Dec 02, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
That's happens to me a LOT.

Let's say I have a weekly task that I've been completing and forgetting to check off (i.e., take out the trash on Monday for Tuesday) for the past four weeks. On the web interface, I have to check off the task from four weeks ago, refresh the page, then check off the task from three weeks ago, refresh the page, etc.

I'm trying to think how my other task managers handle that situation (Todoist and TickTick), and I believe they it only displays the most recent task. In my example, I would only see this Monday's task to take out the trash for Tuesday.

Any feedback from either users or devs would be great!
martingchapman

Posted: Dec 05, 2022
The tasks you see in TD depend on the view you are using and the settings for that view.
There are many different options for how tasks are displayed in TD.
You need to think about what tasks you want to see and then set the relevant view accordingly,

The same would apply to other task managers.

You could also change the due date to "optionally on" then these tasks would auto complete after the due date.
Scott Florack

Posted: Dec 05, 2022
Posted by martingchapman:
The tasks you see in TD depend on the view you are using and the settings for that view.

You could also change the due date to "optionally on" then these tasks would auto complete after the due date.

Completely understand the first part, but this doesn't seem to view issue. Sure, I can hide overdue tasks, but that's not my point; it's how Toodledo handles repeated tasks.

I may go the optionally on route if that's the only solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.