ForumsQuestionssync on edit

sync on edit
david-dickson

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
On the iPhone, is the sync on edit limited to certain edits? I've had a couple of instances where I've changed the due date from the current date to a future date or completed a task but still get a badge pushed to my phone as if the edits weren't saved.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2009.
Anders

Sync on edit should happen for completion and all detail changes as long as you have a network connection during the edit, and you "back out" of the task details screen before closing the app (only applies to detail changes not checking off).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the badge update.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2009.
david-dickson

My problem may be that I'm closing the app instead of backing out of the task detail screen.

My issue with the badge update was that it wasn't reflecting what was currently due. It was pushing badges for tasks that had been completed or in another instance, a task due the current day that I changed the due date for, but again that may be because I was exiting the app without letting the sync run
Anders

Gotcha. Keep in mind that the badge updates that come from Toodledo are unfiltered since the server has no way of knowing what your filter settings are on the iPhone. So they may be different from the badge count you see when you close the app if you have any filters turned on.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.