ForumsQuestionsCollaboration and email

Collaboration and email
Ian

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
If I sign up for a pro account, along with my collaborator, can I share tasks with them via email? I don't see anything in the syntax that indicates that it's possible, but maybe I can "reassign" in the email syntax somehow?

On this topic, is it possible for a folder or context to be shared with another pro user automatically, so that I can assign them to that user just by putting them in that context?

- Ian
Anders

Posted: Aug 24, 2009
To your first question, no, it is not possible to assign via email. However, if your collaborators are willing to share their Toodledo email addresses, then you could assign them tasks using those.

True collectively owned folders/contexts are not currently possible. You must either go to your collaborators view to add, or use the reassign command to get the email into their lists. I know that Toodledo has said that sort of thing is something they would like to do: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/396/-11038/read.html
Ian

Posted: Aug 25, 2009
I can send my collaborators tasks via email to their own accounts without having a pro account, but then I have no way of tracking them.

Maybe what I should do for now is email them to my own account and then assign them to my collaborators. It's a bit of a pain, but if I use the Gmail gadget it won't be so bad.

It would be great if T.D. (yes, the name is terrible!) could make folders shareable, so that anything I put in a shared folder automatically got assigned to them. I believe that Remember The Milk has a feature similar to that, but I don't like the interface at all.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Ian

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
No problem. I'm really loving the iPhone app, by the way.
Ian

OK, I have a new question. I have signed up for the 7 day trial, and added my collaborator. They are now listed on the "Share" page, but not on the To Do list under "collaborators". Also, I turned on "Reassign" and they aren't listed there either.

Any ideas?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You need to have your collaborator add you as well to create a bi-directional link. Right now, you are under their "Collaborators" link, but they aren't on yours because they haven't added you as a collaborator.
Ian

OK, thanks. Do they get an email to let them know? I was thinking it might be something like that, but that isn't documented on the sharing page.
Anders

I don't believe there is any sort of notification except of course that you will show up on their list. They will have to add you in the same manner you added them.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.