ForumsQuestionsCan the importance levels be disabled?

Can the importance levels be disabled?
myshist

Posted: Feb 19, 2024
Score: 0 Reference
I've been using this app on and off for a very long time now and am generally VERY pleased with the website experience. What initially drew me to it was how similar in functionality it was to the MicroSoft Office Outlook To-Do feature from back in the 1990s. Toodledo nearly matched it and I was thrilled to be able to use it for my personal life. Over the years, I have recommended to MANY of my friends, some of whom became as enthusiastic as I was.

My preferred way of using the app is to sort by the due date that I have chosen (overdue, today, next 7 days) , using my carefully named and arranged folders. That way, only the tasks that are due on the chosen due date/period appear in their respective folders. Now, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in the mobile app, the tasks are sorted by an algorithm assigning an importance that doesn't align with my needs. It feels like over-reach and an insult that someone thought an algorithm could prioritize my tasks better than I can!!!

Presently I am using the free version, but I have, at times, utilized the paid one. However, there have been some changes to the mobile app since I last used it that may have rendered it mostly useless to me now and I just wanted to make sure that I haven't missed something before I start the hunt for a new app. I've spent a couple of days experimenting with it, but to no avail. I know all good things come to an end eventually, but I'm hoping that I'm just not understanding something important. Please advise.

Thanks for you help.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2024.
NexTecH

Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Did you set your preferred order of tasks in the "sort" menu? (Option under the three dots on the top right)...I've never noticed an algorithm...

Edit: I, too, sort my tasks by date and folder first. Is your question about the old app or the new one ( https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps )? I've only ever used the new one, so sorry if my answer above doesn't help

This message was edited Feb 20, 2024.
myshist

Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Yes, but my choices seemed to be ignored.
NexTecH

Posted: Feb 26, 2024
Today I found there's another sorting area apparently under Settings>Fields&Defaults>Field Display Order
NexTecH

You're right. Something got changed in the latest update, I just got it. Except for me its dead set on sorting by Date Modified. The hell. Hopefully its on the agenda to fix.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Hi -
Which page are you looking at that isn't using your sort orders? It should sort as you specified in the sort menu, but if it's not doing that we will definitely get it fixed!
Can you send a support ticket here: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.