ForumsQuestionsQuestions after upgrading iPod Touch to 3.0

Questions after upgrading iPod Touch to 3.0
replytoken

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Well, after having a flaky iPod Touch replaced by Apple, I finally upgraded to OS 3.0 this week. Now, I have two questions. First, IIRC, Apple only displays one notification on its device. So, I am assuming that if I have multiple events with reminders, I will only see the last notification. Is this a correct assumption?

Second, before I fill out a support ticket, my TD client on my iPod Touch quit several times after I viewed my Hotlist, and/or it now it flickers when I return to the main TD screen. I have tried it with WiFi on and off, and I have done a soft reset to the machine with no luck. This did not happen prior to my first notification, but that may be coincidence. Any thoughts?

--Ken
Anders

Regarding simultaneous reminders, you are basically correct. I have heard people say they have gotten them in succession, but I have only ever gotten one. The best thing to do is try to space them out by at least 5 minutes.

With the other stuff, are you running the latest version? (1.5.3 is the latest I believe)
If so, I would start a ticket. It sounds like a low memory issue with the device, but if you have tried a soft reset without luck, that must not be it. There were some visual effects like that reported with a previous version, but I have not seen that reported for the latest one.
replytoken

Hi Anders,

As I have stated before, notifications are not really that useful tome because my iPod Touch is not "attached to my hip", so I need a system where reminders/notifications can pile up until I can address them. And, I think that my new arrangement works better for me than Apple's half-baked offering.

Regarding the quitting/flickering problem, its very odd because I have very few applications or data on my iPod Touch, unless one is hogging memory. I tried to sync and backup the unit, but it still quit on me afterwards. Before I fill out a support ticket, I would like to reinstall TD so I can rule out the program itself. I cannot remember if there is a procedure for deleting and reinstalling so data is not lost. I will be away from my machine that I normally sync with during the day today, so I do not know if it is safe to delete the app and download it again. Any advice?

Thanks,

--Ken
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, if you delete an app from the iPhone, all the data is deleted from the iPhone as well. Apple has not provided any way (other than syncing to Toodledo) to preserve data through a reinstall. So, be sure to sync with Toodledo.com before deleting the app from the iPhone.
replytoken

Thank you for the quick reply. I did delete the app and downloaded it again via WiFi. Unfortunately, it is still randomly quitting and flickering, even after resetting the unit. I can fill out a support ticket, or I can set an appoinment with the Genius Bar to see if they can diagnose this replacement unit. Any suggestions/

--Ken

This message was edited Aug 26, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, please submit a support ticket and try to explain what you were doing when the app quit.
replytoken

Thanks. A ticket has been submitted.

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.