ForumsQuestionsGoodle calender and toodledo

Goodle calender and toodledo
Mattbettinson

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hey, I`m going to grade 8 and i want to keep my life on track with google calender and toodledo. i was just wondering if it was pointless to have both in the some ipod touch app (for school). If so, tell me the ups and downs of both.

Cheers,
Matt
Anders

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Hi Matt. First of all, I just want to say congratulations on your decision to take control of organizing your life at such an early stage. I wish I had started keeping a calendar and to do list when I was in 8th grade. This should make you a master of time management by the time you get to college which will give you a huge advantage.

I use both Toodledo and Google Calendar, and there is no reason you shouldn't do that as well. It is possible to use just one, but I find it easier to keep calendar events separate from tasks. Things that are just going to happen not matter what you do should go in the calendar. Things you actually have to do should go in your to do list. For instance, something like your class schedule would be more appropriate for a calendar, while a school project or homework assignment should go in your to do list.

Generally, the advantage of a calendar is that it allows you to have a good overview of your time, when you are busy, and when you are free. A task list tells you what you need to do. Some things may have due dates, but you will want to see them before that date (You would probably have a lot of problems with homework if you didn't look at it until the day it was due). A task list also allows you to divide your tasks into groups (for instance you could use different folders for each class), and it also allows you to prioritize if you want so you can focus on the most important things first.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, and others may have different opinions. If you have any more specific questions, or need any tips on how to set things up, please feel free to ask.
Mattbettinson

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Thank you so much. This really helped my decision! Also thanks for putting so much effort into your reply. I really appreciate that.

Cheers,
Matt
Karuna

Posted: Sep 06, 2009
You know, I use Google calendar and toodledo also. I like them. I have also used an iphone app that combines the two. it is called Pocket Informant, by WebIS. I like the way it looks and functions but I must say I have had a little too much trouble with syncing it, so i am lately not using it, and I just go into the two separate apps or web sites.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.