ForumsQuestionsToodledo causes Google Calendar to have all day events every day

Toodledo causes Google Calendar to have all day events every day
Glen

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When using the Toodledo Calendar in Google Calendar, Toodledo displays a task list every single day, even when there are no tasks designated or due on that day. While this isn't so much of a problem within the Google Calendar webpage, any calendar that syncs to Google Calendar (such as the iPhone's) has an all day event for every single day of the month reserved for Toodledo's task list. This makes it extremely cumbersome to view what days are actually "available".

If Toodledo can list an event in Google Calendar only when there are tasks due on that day, it would be greatly appreciated.
Anders

What you are seeing when you sync the Toodledo gadget to other calendars like the iPhone is that it is not actually a calendar even though Google treats it as one. The gadget does not work when synced. You will always just see the "tasks for X-day". If you just want to see your tasks with dates assigned in your Google Calendar, you could use the Toodledo iCal subscription: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
That is a real calendar, and can be synced to other calendar apps like the iPhone calendar. Also, it doesn't show anything on days when you have no tasks.
Proximo

Great info. Anders. I never used the Google Calendar because it showed a green checkmark icon on every day regardless.

Maybe I need to look into iCal. My understanding is that iCal does not update as often but it sounds like it works like a real calendar.

hmmmm
Anders

Yes, the update frequency is not good with Google, and I also have issues with changed tasks taking even longer to update (new tasks usually update a couple of times a day for me). The only reason I stopped using the iCal was that I had a bunch of daily repeating tasks showing up every day, and it was a bit messy. I have stopped using those (I was playing around with using optional repeats for various things), so maybe I'll go back to using the iCal.

Here is the other thing, you can subscribe to the iCal straight from the iPhone calendar. The iPhone calendar can be set to update it up to every 15 minutes. However, unlike subscribing from Google, with the iPhone calendar subscription, you can't add alarms to events, which makes it fairly useless for me since I use PI as my main calendar, and only use the iPhone calendar for local reminders. I would love to have the iCal on there with reminders. Yes, I have the Toodledo app, and Push notifications are great, but I have an iPod Touch, so they are not as reliable for me since they require a network connection. Anyway, it would be awesome if Toodledo could just add reminders to the iCal, so if I set one on Toodledo it would carry over to the calendar. I'm pretty sure the iCal format supports it.
y13etty

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
I am having the same problem.

I have unsubscribed Toodledo from Google. Now how do I make the "tasks for X-day" not to show on my ipod?

Thanks!
Anders

It depends somewhat on what service you were using to sync Google calendar with the iPhone calendar. I would think, if you removed it from Google, then it should disappear from the iPhone calendar after the next calendar sync. If you are using Google Sync, use the iPhone browser to go to this page: http://m.google.com/sync
Then check your list of synced calendars, and make sure the Toodledo calendar is not selected (although it really shouldn't even show up there if you have removed it from Google).
y13etty

Got it!!!

Thank you so much!!
Glen

Thanks for helping me get that set up, Anders. I followed your advice and used iCal instead and it is working. :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.