ForumsQuestionsAttaching files to sub tasks

Attaching files to sub tasks
chris

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi is it possible to attach files to specific tasks and sub tasks via email?

I know it is possible to attach to a folder
Anders

Hmmm, I don't know of any way to attach files to Folders, but you can attach them to tasks and subtasks if you have a Pro Plus account.
chris

I can attach to a folder by sending an attachment via email, then *folder.

How do you attach to subtasks and tasks? I have been trying this, using the exact taskname as the subject line, but no luck, it just creates a new task with the same name
chris

I mean of course I can drop a new task with attachment into a folder, but can't seem to attach a file to a task, in any folder.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Okay, I see. There is no way to attach a file to an existing task through email. You can save the attachment to your computer and then upload it to Toodledo, or you can send the email as a new task with the attachment and move it to the correct task when you are on Toodledo. What you are doing when you send the email with *Folder is actually attaching the file to a new task called whatever is in the subject field of the email.
Anders

Sorry, just saw your last post. You should have little paperclip icons under each task in Multiline mode, or at the end of each row in Grid mode. If you click on that, you can upload a file, or attach one that is already on Toodledo.

This message was edited Sep 02, 2009.
chris

Ok cheers, I misread this - on a second look I see my mistake.

"Pro Plus subscribers will also be able to email files to Toodledo and have those attachments added to the task. "
Anders

You could always just send yourself a task like "attach this file to task X", and then attach it on Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.