ForumsQuestionsRecurrent events in google

Recurrent events in google
tnsimm

Posted: Sep 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, When I set up a task to repeat, for example, on the same day every week, it only shows up in my Google Calendar one time. As soon as I check it off, then it shows up in the calendar 7 days later. The problem with this is that if I go to look, for example, two weeks ahead of time to see what I have scheduled for that day (to determine if I can take time off!), it doesn't show up there because the previous week has not yet been checked off. Can you please tell me if there's a workaround for this? I have SO many recurring tasks and this is very problematic for me. Thanks!
Anders

The way recurring tasks work is that only one current version exists until it is completed, and then the next occurrence is generated. So the future instances don't exist yet. However, if you use the Toodledo iCal subscription, Google will look at them like recurring events and will generate all the future occurrences as well. The iCal is read only, so you can't manage tasks (complete or edit them) from Gcal like you can with the gadget, but maybe it would serve your needs. Here is where you can set it up: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
tnsimm

Thanks for letting me know. I think my workaround will need to be just to manually add those things in there. It would be great if this could be an option in future versions :). Thanks!
Anders

You can clone your tasks instead of using repeats. It will be faster than just making a bunch of copies and entering all the info manually. First remove the repeat. Then hover your cursor over the task's check box, and a popup menu will appear with the option to clone the task. Clone it as many times as you need, and then assign the different Due Dates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.